for two.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just have a steak.. zero carb and far more nutritious.. if it comes from a factory ignore it?

steve6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't eat steak, but thank you.
Congrats on getting the weight down.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Is it really worth it? The risk of eating many, many more of those nutritionally poor (void?) snackstuffs is quite high.
Snacking is not the best way, anyway. Is that 8 carbs each or for two? There are days that I can have fewer than 8g in a whole day.
In my opinion sat fat is not a fat that one needs to look too closely at and fibre, again imo, is neither here not there.

A momentary pleasure will not necessarily end in happiness.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am I right in thinking these are small plate size bread substitutes rather than small snacks like crisps? It’s difficult to establish the size from your pic but that’s what Google seems to say. If that’s right then stopping at two would be way easier than crisps. Your personal daily carb level and testing is the only way to establish if these are ok for you.

steve6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it really worth it? The risk of eating many, many more of those nutritionally poor (void?) snackstuffs is quite high.
Snacking is not the best way, anyway. Is that 8 carbs each or for two? There are days that I can have fewer than 8g in a whole day.
In my opinion sat fat is not a fat that one needs to look too closely at and fibre, again imo, is neither here not there.

8 carps for two. it would not be for snacking but as bread substitute.

steve6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I right in thinking these are small plate size bread substitutes rather than small snacks like crisps? It’s difficult to establish the size from your pic but that’s what Google seems to say. If that’s right then stopping at two would be way easier than crisps. Your personal daily carb level and testing is the only way to establish if these are ok for you.
"Am I right in thinking these are small plate size bread substitutes." Yes.
8 grams would be two. I say 2 max. But it might just be 1 and a half or one per day. It would be a part of a meal and not a snack.

Reactions: Rachox

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds pretty good as a bread substitute to me.
The only way to find out if it suits you is to use your glucose meter to find out what it does to your blood sugars, I guess.
It isn't really relevant if others would eat it or not, or how many carbs they eat in a day, or if you like to eat steak. What's important is if your body can handle a specific food without having high bg.
Good luck!

Last edited:

mouseee

I eat these as a way to not crave marmite on toast, they are about the same size as a slice of bread. With butter and marmite I can almost fool myself! I warm them ever so slightly over the toaster.
They don't taste of much and I'd prefer a nice piece of bread but they do plug the gap left by toast to a point.

I do limit myself to one a day and they last really well. Air right container and they're good for a week at least.

steve6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds pretty good as a bread substitute to me.
The only way to find out if it suits you is to use your glucose meter to find out what it does to your blood sugars, I guess.
It isn't really relevant if others would eat it or not, or how many carbs they eat in a day, or if you like to eat steak. What's important is if your body can handle a specific food without having high bg.
Good luck!
Thank you.

Reactions: Antje77