Any suggestions ?

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
My birthday is, again, approaching (Why does it come round so often?!) and I provide (although baked by someone else) a cake for the office, 23 people.

I have usually had a lemon sponge with lemon curd and buttercream...but given the restrictions of a diabetic diet I need to find a suitable or diabetic sugar free alternative...for my trusted baker, Mrs Kipling, to construct..

But I only seem to find cookies or muffins and not big sponge cakes..

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
If the cake is for the office. Give them the lemon curd sponge.

Then have a little cream songe for yourself done with almond/coconut flour. Or biscuits.

Hell as its your birthday have some cake. Just make it a thin slice. Then a quick walk to soften the spike.

Reactions: Patrick66

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If the cake is for the office. Give them the lemon curd sponge.

Then have a little cream songe for yourself done with almond/coconut flour. Or biscuits.

Hell as its your birthday have some cake. Just make it a thin slice. Then a quick walk to soften the spike.
I could do that.

But I think its only fair they all suffer with me!...lol.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had ditchthecarbs.com carrot cake for my birthday. My teenage sons preferred it to bought ones.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cakes at work were probably part of my downfall. The women in the office were big fans of Bake Off and very competitive so kept bringing in their latest cake for everyone to try.
How about some sort of savoury platter instead? Spicy chicken wings, cocktail sausages, Scotch egg cut up, retro cheese and pineapple, maybe some salad items, that sort of things.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I had ditchthecarbs.com carrot cake for my birthday. My teenage sons preferred it to bought ones.
I don’t get on with carrots...

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cakes at work were probably part of my downfall. The women in the office were big fans of Bake Off and very competitive so kept bringing in their latest cake for everyone to try.
How about some sort of savoury platter instead? Spicy chicken wings, cocktail sausages, Scotch egg cut up, retro cheese and pineapple, maybe some salad items, that sort of things.
They wouldn’t stand for that. It’s cake and we are all expected to supply it...or get my colleague to bake it and she makes sensational cakes.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I would just do what @Spl@ said. Buy the usual cake and just have a tiny slither yourself or take your own snack. No-one will notice. More for them. :)

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Personally I would just do what @Spl@ said. Buy the usual cake and just have a tiny slither yourself or take your own snack. No-one will notice. More for them. :)
Whilst I could do that I think it’s good for them to try something different, if I can find something suitable.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
must try this

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Up and till last year, I was working full time in an office environment and cake buying rounds were commonplace. I noticed that my T1 colleague always had a slice but always a small slice or piece.

It was during this period however that my A1c results shot up to concerning levels.

Reactions: Patrick66