Any T1s in the south-west? (england)

I'm 17, was diagnosed about 3 years ago. I was just wondering if was anywhere near cornwall, we're so far away from everything. Thought it might be nice to chat with a couple more country folk. Cheers x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I'm 17, was diagnosed about 3 years ago. I was just wondering if was anywhere near cornwall, we're so far away from everything. Thought it might be nice to chat with a couple more country folk. Cheers x

Hello Dan I live down in Cornwall as well, Aged over 50 so more like your Grandma. Type 1 for 49 years and using a pump if that helps.

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes :p
South East here, Southampton/Romsey x

Hi carbsrok! Well thats a bit of an exageration there! Oh right, i've been having trouble getting the pump down here, i've been on the list for about 18 months now. Would you say its worthwhile?

And hi hollister :)

Hollister

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes :p
Hi carbsrok! Well thats a bit of an exageration there! Oh right, i've been having trouble getting the pump down here, i've been on the list for about 18 months now. Would you say its worthwhile?

Pump are worthwhile if you're willing to stick with it (So I hear).
Hello!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate

Hi Again Dan, if I were you I would ask where the pump is as that's one heck of a long wait. Which hospital do you attend?
Pumping is def worth while it does involve a lot of hard work though so do be warned. :) I'm up towards Bude so if you are not too far am willing to meet up and show you a pump and how it works etc.

Annietw1493

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, im currently in truro for a year, originally from Cardiff. I am 21 and also have a pump. Although I am in truro my consultant care is at derriford hospital in Plymouth. They are brill . I got a new upgrade of my pump a couple of months ago.
If you can I would definitely get one I have had one for 8 years now and would never go back.