1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone 15-17 with T1

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by Sav1210, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Sav1210

Sav1210 Type 1 · Newbie

Hi I'm 15 and I've had type 1 diabetes for almost 4 years now. I don't know anyone that has diabetes my age and would love to talk to some people my age that have type 1!

• Like Like x 12
  2. alexwilko99

alexwilko99 Type 1 · Active Member

I'm 15 and was actually diagnosed on my school ski trip last week! kinda sucks being stuck in an italian hospital when i could've been skiing but what can you do! hahah :)

3. jay davies

jay davies Type 1 · Newbie

Hi I am 17 and I found out when I was 8 and it was new years eve and I was in hospital when the fireworks was going of but it's nice to speak to other diabetics

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 4
  4. Elz

Elz Type 1 · Newbie

I am 15 and I was diagnosed almost 4 years ago too! Would love to chat :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. bealily

bealily Type 1 · Member

Hi I've had T1 since I was 7 and I'm now 16! I was diagnosed when I was living in Spain so it was difficult with the healthcare but I'm now on an Insulin pump which I've had for 3 years now:)

6. SophSmiles

SophSmiles Type 1 · Member

I'm 15 and was diagnosed with type 1 a few days ago, I'm really struggling with it all, I'd definitely like to chat

7. teen-girl

teen-girl Type 1 · Member

I'm 17 and was diagnosed at 14, I've been on the pump for three months now :)

8. bealily

bealily Type 1 · Member

If anyone wants to chat about having T1 diabetes with someone who has had it for a long time or wants to know what it's like to have pump... Feel free to message me! I'm not a pro or anything but I know what it feels like to feel isolated and have no one to talk to, especially when your first diagnosed :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Molly.Driver98

Molly.Driver98 Type 1 · Member

10. HeatherMay_

HeatherMay_ Type 1 · Active Member

Hey, I'm 17 and have had diabetes for nearly 13 years now. I pretty much now the ins and outs, been through the worst, got over it. Gone through my GCSE's, into my A Levels and now preparing for University life. If anyone wants to chat, feel free. I'm here, any advice etc given

11. bloodbaby

bloodbaby Type 1 · Member

I'm 15, and was diagnosed when I was 3, and I ended up spending Halloween in the hospital. I know I'm a bit late, but I'd love to talk to some diabetics my age.

12. HeatherMay_

HeatherMay_ Type 1 · Active Member

Your not too late, don't worry. I'm a couple of yours older that you. I was diagnosed at the age of 7 and have now had it 12 years, going on 13 :)

13. bloodbaby

bloodbaby Type 1 · Member

I'm 15 as well. I've had diabetes almost as long as I can remember. It sucks. If you want to talk or ask about anything, feel free to ask, even if you think it's stupid.

14. Lay ;3

Lay ;3 Type 1 · Newbie

Hey! I'm 16 y/o and was diagnosed with T1D bout 5 years ago. Feel free to mesage me <3

15. prickles1998

prickles1998 Type 1 · Active Member

Hi im 15 coming 16 next week(no birthday cake tho :*) have been diagnosed for two and a bit yrs now since 4th January 2012 @ 7:32 pm exactly ..I no im a freeak I remember it so well cause it was such a big change so yh.am on a pump now since Feb this yr..

16. saraelbanaxx

saraelbanaxx · Active Member

I too am 15 and T1, but i have been recently, i guess its not recent anymore, been diagnosed with diabetes 2/3 yrs ago

17. gabby.kruse

gabby.kruse Type 1 · Member

Hi,
    i'm gabby, i'm 15 too & i'm here if you ever want to talk or vent. :)

18. Catarina Gomes

Catarina Gomes Type 1 · Member

Hey :)
    I'm Cat, I'm 16 and I was diagnosed two months ago! :) Feel free to talk to me!

19. Signe_Kirk

Signe_Kirk Type 1 · Active Member

Hey I'm Signe and I'm 16 :) Diabetic for almost 5 years, feel free to message!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook