cool-British-people-problems-supermarket.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Nah - I look over their shoulder, round them ..................

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I'm with you on that one but apparently my husband is more of the pretend variety. There have been times when I have considered investing in a cattle prod as it takes too long with a taser as you have to remove the end. :angelic:

Reactions: 6 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I'm an OAP so I hit them on the ankles with my trolley :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Yep, I'm one of those that look around them, over their shoulder and ask them 'please excuse me' if they are taking too **** long! Can't have people just hanging around taking their time, where DO they think they are? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with you popsy BUT I have to have time to read the labels ;)
CAROL

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i think im too polite, if i see someone wanting my spot and im label studying, i i move off and return when theyve gone so im not under pressure :)

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
As recently diagnosed, shopping takes me 3 times as long as I study the carb count of everything I buy! ;-)

K

Kat100

Takes me longer to shop now, reading small print , I know all the people are watching me .....;) ;) ;)

K

Kat100

When I go in the city I have a modern shopping trolley, called my wheelie bin !!!! Why does everyone trip,over it's wheels then blame me as I say sorry to them ....do pushchairs have the right of way.....may have to get one :)
I can also get a lot of shopping in the wheelie, it's like a ruck sack on wheels ......

AndyH71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As recently diagnosed, shopping takes me 3 times as long as I study the carb count of everything I buy! ;-)
My record is 2 1/2 hours to look for snacks I could have... Ended up with nuts. Counted towards my exercise though, must have covered about 2 miles going round the store five times!

Type 2 newbie

Reactions: 3 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I have noticed many more people reading labels instore recently so I don't really feel odd or different. Have struck up a couple of conversations with some pleasant people. Keep it going I say.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.