Anyone else's Medtronic Paradigm cracked in the hot weather?

LizLola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As I put in my breakfast bolus I noticed cracks diagonally either side of the screen. I most definitely have not dropped the pump.

However I have been out in the 30 degree heat and back in again into my very cool thick-walled 600 yr old cottage quite a few times a day.

Medtronic are sending a new pump, it is in guarantee, and said it could be the heat - but what if your pump is NOt in guarantee? what happens then?

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
Re: Anyone else's Medtronic Paradigm cracked in the hot weat

Hi LizLola,

I've not had this problem for my Medtronic pump, most pumps are in warranty for 4 years, I believe that the majority of Clincs / CCG's that have provided funding for pumps will allow funding for a new pump.

Otherwise, provided your pump is insured, you will be able to have it fixed and paid for through your insurance.

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App

LizLola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

i know - it's being replaced, since it is under guarantee.

And it is funded. As is my cgm.

I have not specifically insured my pump though - do others? And do I need to, since it is funded?

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes

It's a safety net, and a good idea to insure them as warranties don't tend to cover theft or loss.
Most of the time they can be added to your household insurance although, not many cover theft or loss outside your home and any claims affect your premium. You will need to make sure your house insurance will cover this outside the household as it's attached to you.

Mine is insured on insurance4insulinpumps for a small monthly direct debit, it's peace of mind more than anything. Your CCG is unlikely to replace the pump if it's damaged / lost / stolen in a way that is not covered by the warranty as they expect you to look after the pump (my CCG made me sign a document confirming that I would look after it).

Medtronic recommend you insure the insulin pumps or at the very least add them to household insurance.

It is your choice though.

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes

It's a safety net, and a good idea to insure them as warranties don't tend to cover theft or loss.
Most of the time they can be added to your household insurance although, not many cover theft or loss outside your home and any claims affect your premium. You will need to make sure your house insurance will cover this outside the household as it's attached to you.

Mine is insured on insurance4insulinpumps for a small monthly direct debit, it's peace of mind more than anything. Your CCG is unlikely to replace the pump if it's damaged / lost / stolen in a way that is not covered by the warranty as they expect you to look after the pump (my CCG made me sign a document confirming that I would look after it).

Medtronic recommend you insure the insulin pumps or at the very least add them to household insurance.

It is your choice though.