Anyone here from North East England?

volvicwater22

Would love to know if there is any diabetics living in the Middlesbrough/Newcastle kind of area :) would love to get a group going in my student union or something just don't know any diabetics at the moment
Jack

n-g

Not sure if you'll see this as it's late, but anyway...

Sadly I just moved away from Durham so can't meet up. But there are a number of others who have tried the uni diabetes thing. Didn't work that well for me, but for others it did. Diabetes UK is currently looking into this (I am a part of the group) so things might improve.

What I suggest is that you contact the disabilities office and ask them to send an email to all other diabetics with your details.

Best, NG

Elc1112

I'm from Newcastle and lived there for most of my life. I moved down to London for work about seven years ago though. Really miss the North East! Much friendlier :)

VickiT11979

I am, but am well past my student union days! I was at Newcastle General yesterday for my appt & picked up a card for the regional diabetes UK group. The Newcastle group have talks on the 3rd Thursday of every month in St John's church hall (bottom Grainger Sreet, near Central Station). Next one is 18th April, about diabetes & dental health, a 7pm start & talk at 7.30pm. On Thurs 16th May there's the AGM & Update on Research into Type 1 Diabetes talk by the pump consultant.

The regional office seems to be in Darlington, phone number is 01325 488606, e-mail is [email protected]