1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone know any free carb snacks??

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Oliviat1999, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Oliviat1999

Oliviat1999 · Member

Just for when I am hungry. Which is often. But what can I eat to not interfere with my bloods????xx :?

2. mbudzi

mbudzi · Well-Known Member

I like biltong. Dried meat. Also peanuts are a staple snack in our house.

3. CollieBoy

CollieBoy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I love kale/cabbage leaves, dressed with virgin olive oil and lemon juice and crisped in the oven :thumbup:
    Also love salami & cheese slices :thumbup:

4. Sketcher

Sketcher · Well-Known Member

I keep a stock of hard-boiled eggs (0.7g carbs) and cooked sausages (Black Farmer pork sausages, 1g carb per sausage; other brands often have much more) in the fridge. They're a staple quick breakfast as well as a snack. Yum!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

5. ewelina

ewelina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Its quite difficult for carb free snack (apart from veggies). you can try pork scrachings if you dont mind fat or frankfuter sausages. Nuts are good (if eaten in moderation should be ok with carbs). I like herring in oil. Actually thats my favorite snack or quick supper

6. shardlow4

shardlow4 · Member

Tzaziki dip with carrot, celery and cheese sticks are good. My son enjoys them is there is a party afternoon at school. Not sure if I have spelt the dip right

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook