1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone tried slimfast keto shake

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by daffy1, Jan 9, 2022.

1. daffy1

daffy1 · Well-Known Member

I saw this on offer the other day and thought I’d give it a try as I have terrible problems trying to control my BG. I got the mocha one and am just trying it for the first time. My eating has not been very good the last few days due to decorating so have had yoghurt and berries for breakfast , cheese and biscuits and some nuts and could be bothered cooking so I thought I’d give it a try this evening. Because Ive hardly eaten my sugars are at 7 which is really good for me but I’ll be interested to see if this drink will fill me up and what effect it will have on my sugars.
    Ill let you know in a couple of hours.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jayne1983

Jayne1983 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi yes I use to drink it that was my favourite flavour now I’ve swapped to phd smart plant protein shake I mix it with almond milk it’s filling it’s on offer in Aldi at the moment and you can whisk it in to a mousse to. You can get in online or in Holland and Barrett’s to.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. daffy1

Ive checked my sugars and they went up to 9.2 after 2 hours but after 3 hours it’s down to 8 . So it’s a nice way to get a bit of chocolate into yourself

4. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

No, I have not tried it but would like to - where did you buy it from?

5. Buster_

Buster_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Amazon UK have all three flavours. Currently a tenner a tub, but looks like it's usually a bit more than that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture of the ingredients and nutrients label on the back of the pack?
    It's probably full of chemically produced synthetic stuff, sweeetners and thickeners, so personally I wouldn't touch it, but if used as a very short term crutch or weight loss short sharp shock it might suit some. Nutritionally it won't have the right mix of proteins and fatsthe body needs

7. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 23.21.41.png Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 23.21.48.png

Possibly not too awful...
    I'd still avoid though and either just not eat anything (or have a coffee with cream).

8. daffy1

I bought this this mainly to help me when I needed a bit of a chocolate hit. I’m not a big chocolate eater and am not keen on the dark chocolate but on the odd occasion maybe once a week it stops the craving for something sweet and this certainly hits the mark. But I wont be having it too often

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook