1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone tried the new Mio Advance?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by MushyPeaBrain, Nov 5, 2018.

1. MushyPeaBrain

MushyPeaBrain Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am having to move to Medtronic and my DSN suggested this set. I currently use Animas Inset 6mm. Just wondered what people thought of it and how it compared to the normal Mio?

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hello @MushyPeaBrain I haven’t heard of this one yet so will go and do some research, I struggled with the current mio set a lot, got kinks when inserting and then had an allergic reaction to the plastic set, since I moved to the steel tips on the Sure T I have had no issues with inserting it except the odd dodgy spot from the site itself and slow absorption so have to admit I would be reluctant to move now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

From a quick scan on the info it’s still using a Teflon cannula set it’s just the applicator which is different and looks like it would solve insertion issues that the current mio has but from a personal point of view I wouldn’t change from the Sure T as would still get soreness from the Cannula set and get an allergic reaction from this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

@MushyPeaBrain I've used it. In terms of the set itself, it's very similar to the Mio/Inset II. The big difference is that the applicator is way easier to use, less painful and applies the cannula without the tube attached, which makes it a whole lot less of a faff. In terms of wearing it in use, I didn't find it any different.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yakudueye1

yakudueye1 Type 1 · Active Member

I have one and it's brilliant as it get inserted without any gueses

6. MushyPeaBrain

MushyPeaBrain Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It sounds fantastic but I hope I can get some. My 640g is taking months to arrive and I have heard on another forum there is a big problem with a shortage of these sets and also reservoirs. Medtronic seem to be having supply issues.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook