Anyone up for some inspiration?

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I watched this video today. It's not technically related to diabetes, but it may still strike a chord with anyone that has thought 'this is too hard.' This man is truly inspirational!

Reactions: 8 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:happy:
Wow what a great video and inspiration.

Reactions: 2 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Bloody hell :wideyed: that's epic. I wish I could be as committed as he is.

G

graj0

It's certainly inspirational. I made changes to my diet after consulting a nutritional therapist, shame I hadn't found this forum first. She showed me this video as a way of demonstrating that we can all make changes to our health if we do the right thing. Changes aren't easy, our habits, especially our eating habits have been formed as a result of the life that we lead. Quite often because of the jobs that we have, and less and less time to prepare food.
I had a thought that went through my head the other day and it's important that it's not mis interpreted, but along with obesity, diabetes, the eatwell plate recommendations of the NHS and the powers that be, the other thing that has changed in the last 40 years is who does the cooking and what they cook.
My dear old mum used to go shopping every day and prepare food from scratch, until she went back out to work and meals were then more processed or pre prepared. A lot more couples have to go out to work these days, just to afford a roof over their heads. I wonder how much that affects the sort of foods that end up on plates. Just a thought. Sorry if I'm off topic, but I strongly believe that diet is very important to our health and it needs a bit of work, not too much, but most people are busy working and quite often above and beyond the average 37 1/2 hours a week.
I can say that because I've just seen my wife spend all day Friday (her day off) doing stuff for work, and she'll do the same today (Sunday). Just as well I do the cooking and I'm retired she'd either starve, get a take away or go round her mums. LOL