M

Member496333

Is the focus only on weight reduction, as the opening sentence states? If so then any contributions I make will be pointless since I gained weight in beating my type 2 :shifty:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the focus only on weight reduction, as the opening sentence states? If so then any contributions I make will be pointless since I gained weight in beating my type 2 :shifty:

No Jim it's more focused on the method.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Great opportunity to give feedback to DUK

Maybe change the thread title to mention T2 and in the UK ? As a T1, I get a bit discouraged when I find out it's for T2s and involves remission ....:) (Not that I'm not happy that T2s are in remission, it's great, but I guess I feel a little left out...)

M

Member496333

Done. Disappointed that there was no recognition of the carnivore diet. Maybe next century :nailbiting:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe change the thread title to mention T2 and in the UK ? As a T1, I get a bit discouraged when I find out it's for T2s and involves remission ....:) (Not that I'm not happy that T2s are in remission, it's great, but I guess I feel a little left out...)

i have changed the thread title, as requested @EllieM.
I agree that it is important to make the distinction clear.

Reactions: Debandez and EllieM

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Done. I just hope I made it clear that I received absolutely no support from either HealthCare Professionals or DUK.
Also that there are quite a large number of us who probably only have /had T2D because we followed a Low Fat 5 a Day so-called healthy way of eating for over a decade!

As a TOFI, I felt that many of the questions were not relevant. They seem to have ignored TOFIs.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
One further point, their criteria for 'remission' is setting the bar rather low.
Surely 'remission' is only when the HbA1C is maintained below 'pre-diabetic' levels.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Done. So many negative assumptions and leading questions against low carb.!

Reactions: ianf0ster