1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone want to help out a Student in the North West area?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Grey_son13, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Grey_son13

Grey_son13 Family member · Newbie

If so, thank you. First things first, Members of my family have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and as an Exercise and Nutrition Health Student, they keep coming to me for advice. Now one of the things i've read about that's good for diabetes is exercise. So for my third year research project, I am investigating the barriers to exercise between type 2 diabetics and non diabetics in the North West, i need 25 type 2 diabetics, so if you feel like helping out please go to the link posted below. Also if you know anyone else who fits the bill, send it to them too!

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1498667/0ffa8a569f0c

Its a questionnaire and should only take a few minutes to complete and just asks question on lifestyle and exercise.

Thank You

2. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

I did your survey but some (a lot) of the questions cannot be answered by me but I tried.

3. suenjames

suenjames Type 2 · Active Member

I have done your survey

4. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

I have completed your survey, although one or two questions were not relevant to me and I would have preferred a "not applicable" box.

5. Disneyfan

Disneyfan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've completed it too.

6. Grey_son13

Grey_son13 Family member · Newbie

Thank you to, all who have it done it. Funnily enough, in the original questionnaire there was more not applicable but upon it being reviewed, it was inferred that it would be better without the 'not applicable' answer. Just to get a more insight, (obviously all i know is mostly from online reading and the like) when initially diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, is exercise offered or prescribed as a way of helping out at all?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook