anyone with over 100lbs to lose?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43917
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 43917

I'm ashamed to admit that I weigh 21 stone with a BMI of 46 and desperately need to lose weight. What set this all off for me was having to take psych drugs for an illness over many years, but I discovered that supplements are helping me to feel better so I finally feel ready to tackle the weight. Does anyone else have this much weight to lose/release??

tree-peony

oh yes!!

I started losing weight 4 years ago at which point I was 138kg with a BMI of 53. I am now 109kgs with a BMI of 42.

I need to loose at least the same again!

A

Anonymous

The best of luck to you both, and TP, that is a fabulous achievement :clap: :clap:

Defren

tree-peony said:
oh yes!!

I started losing weight 4 years ago at which point I was 138kg with a BMI of 53. I am now 109kgs with a BMI of 42.

I need to loose at least the same again!

Wow, wow, wow - well done, what an amazing achievement. :clap: :clap:

D

Deleted member 43917

Well done tree-peony - that's great! I just had to convert your kg to stones and lbs though cos I'm a bit rusty when it comes to kg.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
apple123 said:
Well done tree-peony - that's great! I just had to convert your kg to stones and lbs though cos I'm a bit rusty when it comes to kg.

I do that all the time, I have no idea what a weight is in either lb's or kg's I always have to convert them into 'old money' stones and pounds to understand them.

Funny how we are all metric in the UK now but we still talk about baby's weights in pounds :lol: I've never heard anyone say "oh my baby weighed 3 kg", have you?

Other anomalies being a pint of beer but a 75ml bottle of wine. We still talk in miles an hour rather than kilometres. Sure there are more.

The English language is very strange, dont you think?

Sorry to go off topic, great weight loss tree-peony :thumbup:

D

Deleted member 43917

Well, just to update. I now weigh 20 stone - (one stone weight loss with low carbing) - but I seem to have got stuck at this point which is rather frustrating. I think its probably because I'm so inactive and I'm still on a psych drug (although i'm weaning myself off) plus there's the diabetes to contend with. I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I need to embrace exercise. I can't afford gym membership and I don't have a partner to go out with and often feel self-conscious going out by myself and find it hard to get motivated. Words of experience or encouragement are welcome!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
apple123 said:
Well, just to update. I now weigh 20 stone - (one stone weight loss with low carbing) - but I seem to have got stuck at this point which is rather frustrating. I think its probably because I'm so inactive and I'm still on a psych drug (although i'm weaning myself off) plus there's the diabetes to contend with. I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I need to embrace exercise. I can't afford gym membership and I don't have a partner to go out with and often feel self-conscious going out by myself and find it hard to get motivated. Words of experience or encouragement are welcome!

A one stone weight loss since April is excellent :thumbup:

Never bought one myself but you could try one of those exercise DVDs they promote on tv after Christmas to get you moving in the home, if you can't afford to buy one you could join your local library and borrow one and change it every few weeks for something different.

WhitbyJet

Congratulations on your weight loss. Well done!!
I am sure you all will reach your goal you have achieved so much already.
Don't be upset about plateaus or when weight loss slows down, every ounce/gram counts.
I wish you good health and strength.

Apple have a look at the door exerciser that you can buy from Avon. I hear its quite effective.

D

Deleted member 43917

Thanks for your replies noblehead and whitbyjet - I shall have a look at dvd's to see what's around, and also check out the door exerciser.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
anyone with over 100lbs to lose?......... Me.
c0220.gif

I had the result of my first blood sugar test on !st February this year and I realised I probably had Diabetes. I searched about the net for information and found this site. Low carbing made so much sense that I changed my diet that very day and yesterday recorded a total of 4 st weight loss.
jippie.gif

I wish that solved my weight problems but I want to loose another 10 st. I just wish I had found the LCHF diet years ago as it would have saved me sooooo many years of YoYo dieting. The difference this time is that I actually like what I am eating and using my meter reassures me that I am on the right track.

I try to walk as much as possible every day but in addition to that I have tried several exercise type DVDs. The one I have found the most useful is Rosemary Conley's Ultimate Whole Body Workout which has 3 programmes including one which is a chair workout that I use on days when my balance is a tad wobbly.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too :wave:

I have lost 2 stones since November, but only low-carbing sice March. So to me your 1 stone since April is a fantastic achievement - Well done :clap:

I have to literally halve my weight. I was 19 stones 3 lbs in November, and I am only 5' 2" tall.

Some of us are on MyFitnessPal and encourage each other on there.

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
Me too (well, I've lost a bit since diagnosis, but it's still almost 100lbs to go). Like Lucylocket, I've got to practically half my weight :(

I haven't tried myfitnesspal yet, maybe I should have a look. Apple 123, you don't say where in the UK you are based - if you are in the Strathclyde area, PM me - we can maybe try and motivate each other to go for walks etc :)

tree-peony

I'm actually finding it more difficult to shift the weight since I started Metformin/LC, but trust me to be bloody difficult!

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
tree-peony:

I thought there is a question mark over whether you are Type 1 or 2? Have they sorted that out yet for you?

BeccaJaneStClair

When I was diagnosed in March, I was 16.5 stone and just under 5 foot. Now I'm 15 stone, 9lb. My "ideal weight" is supposed to be only 8 stone, but my goal is to at least get down to 12.

tree-peony

have they thump!!!
GP doesn't think there's a question mark, and I'm not sure I do either tbh. As long as I exercise regularly and eat properly, my level are coming down slowly, but my job makes that impossible at times. I MUST be producing insulin as I actually put 1.5kgs back on when doing LCHF. Now I'm more careful with portion control and I've got it back off again, but Metformin certainly isn't reducing my appetite one little bit. I'm blinking RAVENOUS!!!

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on all the weight loss mentioned here :thumbup: