Apart from getting back to normal levels my greatest achievement has been....

fendertele

Body hair and Libido.

Prior to being diagnosed I had another long term condition ( prolactinoma) that causes havoc on all the bodies hormones and despite being told my levels were good whilst on medication... there was a lot of things about my health/body that still felt very off.

I was constantly retaining huge amounts of water... being a male I high had a high sex drive but was unable to perform and for a guy in his 30s had very little to no hair on my arms/legs/body etc... and had managed to maintain a very youthful baby face... people always thought i was younger than I was.

I attributed this to the prolactinoma causing secondary hypogonadism the Doctor felt I may have had this tumor since early teens and was the reason for delayed puberty etc... not that I was aware of this... I just thought how I was was normal... looking back I can see this wasn't the case I was upbeat,friendly always in a good mood and not some brooding hormonal teenage guy like most of my mates.

On top of this I also had adrenal issues causing insufficient production of cortisol... but again my meds according to the doctor had taken care of all this but I never felt it really.

Since going low carb my diabetes was reversed from the initial diagnosis to the next blood test a few months later and i'm now starting to see hairs on chest,arms,legs and thankfully not the back lol! and I feel healthier than I have in 20 years.

There is of course my very high cholesterol levels that the Doctor is concerned about since the switch but I'm hoping this will correct in time because I feel great.

Ohh yes and almost forgot my heartburn/gerd has gone! and it used to be so severe I'd wake up with a mouthful of this burning liquid thinking it would burn right through my mouth... not had it in months... since dropping carbs and in particular gluten/wheat which i believe was the trigger.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
being a male I high had a high sex drive
Great to read of your improvements. Well done on your achievements.
However, the phrase I have highlighted above seems unnecessary. Your gender is irrelevant to sex drive and you make no reference to it regarding your improvements.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on getting into control.
Our school had a standing joke:
The first sign of madness - hairs on the palm of your hand
The second sign of madness,= looking for them
The third sign of madness - finding them.

fendertele

However, the phrase I have highlighted above seems unnecessary. Your gender is irrelevant to sex drive and you make no reference to it regarding your improvements.

But you cut the quote short? I went on to explain I couldn't perform.. I didn't want to get too graphic and explain I couldn't get an erection for many years. This is why I felt by adding I was male and unable to perform it would have been enough for people to get the gist of what I had been dealing with and had overcame with the diet.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
But you cut the quote short? I went on to explain I couldn't perform.. I didn't want to get too graphic and explain I couldn't get an erection for many years. This is why I felt by adding I was male and unable to perform it would have been enough for people to get the gist of what I had been dealing with and had overcame with the diet.
There is no explanation what your gender has to do with your sex drive.
And that will be because there is no explanation.

Last edited:

fendertele

There is no explanation what your gender has to do with your sex drive.
And that will be because there is not explanation.

My gender wasn't tied to the sex drive part though ? It was more so linked to the unable to perform part aka Erectile dysfunction.. By explaining I was a male and unable to perform this painted the picture without having to go into detail and say I had erectile dysfunction..

This is the explanation and a fair one. I opted to use male and unable to perform in place of going into too much detail... which now seems pointless as I'm having to go into even more detail.

DevGuy

Gender is significantly relevant to sex drive. "Demisexual" (only being able feel sexually attracted to someone when they have an emotional bond with the person) is women's default sexual motivation state. The word "demisexual" is only necessary because society doesn't accept sex differences in sexual motivation/drive. Men do not need to be in this state to be aroused.
Evolution has its own logic, separate from how we want the world to be.