App Update problems - help needed!

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All! I recently got a new phone and when I loaded the app I got the updated version, which is driving me demented! Can anyone help me out and explain how I can reply to posts? Also, how can I access pm section? Finally, how can I set up notification for new posts on selected threads. Any and all help appreciated. I have a laptop but it's very difficult to get time for it. The app is so handy to access quickly

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
To reply to a post, there is a speech bubble top right, click that. To quote a post, click on post you wish to quote, it should highlight, then, you should see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it. Click this, then click speech bubble at top of screen.
I agree though, the new look of the app is not very user friendly. Wish I could go back to previous version.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hey thunder cat, the new app is totally different so might take some getting used to. In order to reply to posts, first make sure you're logged in. Then when you're on a thread you'll see the quick reply bar at the very bottom :) In order to see your messages, tap the DCUK logo in the top left-hand corner and it'll bring out a menu. Scroll down on there and voila!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks very much for the help Mo and Giverny. I am so delighted to be back in.

I agree Mo, the previous layout was more user friendly. Hopefully will get used to this.

Can't find emoticons. Maybe my brain is still not back to normal after being sick and this is really a lot easier than I'm finding it right now!

Sent from my C6603 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Aha! To find emoticons, you click the + icon to the right of quick reply. I agree that it's not *quite* as user friendly as previous releases, but I'll forward any concerns to our developers.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks again. Order is being restored to my universe:)

Sent from my C6603 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Haha no problemo! Any more problems feel free to drop me a PM. Getting a lot of people messaging me about the app crashing so if you have the same problem do let me know. :thumbup:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Giverny said:
Haha no problemo! Any more problems feel free to drop me a PM. Getting a lot of people messaging me about the app crashing so if you have the same problem do let me know. :thumbup:

For once it isn't crashing on me but the old one used to constantly. So I like it haha