APPG-Diabetes meeting on type 2 reversal via low carb

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@carol43 alerted me to the upcoming All Party Parliamentary Group On Diabetes meeting next Tuesday, 26th February at which Aseem Malhotra, Tom Watson and Zoe Harcombe are speaking. It’s looking at how low carb diets can assist with reversing type 2 diabetes.

https://diabetesappg.wordpress.com/...rsing-type-2-diabetes-with-low-carbohydrates/

Members of the public can attend, but you must register in advance. I have signed up and will attend.

Anyone else wanting to register to attend should email [email protected] I got a very prompt reply.

Reactions: Listlad

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@carol43 alerted me to the upcoming All Party Parliamentary Group On Diabetes meeting next Tuesday, 26th February at which Aseem Malhotra, Tom Watson and Zoe Harcombe are speaking. It’s looking at how low carb diets can assist with reversing type 2 diabetes.

https://diabetesappg.wordpress.com/...rsing-type-2-diabetes-with-low-carbohydrates/

Members of the public can attend, but you must register in advance. I have signed up and will attend.

Anyone else wanting to register to attend should email [email protected] I got a very prompt reply.
Hope you get lots of info wish could be there too but will be up in York’s. Will be interesting to see outcomes

Reactions: Goonergal

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just a meeting for interested people or are MPs being invited to attend?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. There was a similar meeting a couple of months ago that was discussed on the forum. Several of us wrote to our MPs asking them to attend. Only a few of us had replies. My MP was unable to attend but promised to read the minutes. Hahahaha.

Ah yes, I remember that. My MP couldn’t go either, but she did send a good response to my email. Wasn’t it the one organised by @Southport GP ?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Goonergal

Just had an email saying about the change of time and thanking me for confirming my attendance at the APPG meeting so assume I have been accepted.

Brilliant. I had email about change of time too. See you there! Guess you’ll know what I look like!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess they (MP’s) will all be too busy doing what they have been doing for the last couple of years?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@carol43 thanks so much for flagging this up. Buzzing after a great meeting - on the bus home and will update properly later/in the morning.

Four forumites there - @Mbaker @Dr Snoddy and @Hiitsme as well as me.

Tom Watson gave an outstanding speech as did the other speakers and we met some interesting people.

Got to speak to Zoe Harcombe and scored a free copy of Diabetes Unpacked from her husband!

Reactions: Listlad

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
This was my first meeting of this type and I didn't really know what to expect. Michael Mosley and Dr. David Unwin were in the audience as well as a bariatric surgeon from Lewisham, mainstream and alternative dieticians, students, journalists and I guess, some people with Type 2 diabetes! If meetings of this type are designed to inform future policy then it was a great pity that so few MPs attended. It was great to hear Zoe Harcombe speak.
Unfortunately the message I took away was that it takes 17 years for research to be put into practice but at least low carb diets at being trialled and considered.
I shall open a sweepstake on when the NICE Guidelines on diet for diabetics will change!
Lovely to meet some other forum members. We are a diverse bunch!

Last edited: