Apple cider vinegar.

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This stuff is brilliant. Great for curing loads of ailments, but if you have a sore
throat & the chills then this recipe is for you.
1 Tbsp of raw unfiltered ( mother) apple cider vinegar ( from the health shop)
1 Tbsp of honey
And half a mug of kettle boiled water, mix up and drink. About 4 times a day.

If you have a yukki cough/ chesty cough or dry cough
1 Tsp of Apple cider vinegar
1 Tsp Honey & 1 Tsp of cold water mix up & neck it.
It tastes vile but you will notice the difference within 24 hrs.

My husband when he gets a cold it always goes on his chest & he
always has 2 lots of antibiotics to clear it. Well he had this recipe &
within 5 days he was better.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting, thanks. I'll have to have xylitol instead of honey but I'll give it a go this very night to see if I can stop coughing.
EDIT I've got organic cider vinegar so that'll have to do.

Amanda61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting, thanks. I'll have to have xylitol instead of honey but I'll give it a go this very night to see if I can stop coughing.
EDIT I've got organic cider vinegar so that'll have to do.
Get better soon Deejay.

Reactions: 2 people

Amanda Gee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Organic cider vinegar, with 'the mother' is exactly the stuff you need. Its brilliant for gout too. Managed to take my husband off all the nasty allopurinol, which wasn't doing him any good, and his gout is manageable now.

Reactions: 4 people

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, ACV is one of the 'natural' treatments that I can actually see affect my blood glucose levels in a good way! And I am not the only one, according to studies they have done. For me, though, I have to actually have it in liquid form for it to have that positive effect. (I tried taking supplementary pills, but I couldn't see any effect at all in my fasting blood glucose levels.)

I have found the perfect way for me - two teaspoons only, in a medium sized glass of boiled water, sipped slowly. I can't have it too late at night, as I find it to be an energising tonic drink! (If only I had discovered this in my youth!) (Then I wouldn't have the gallstone I have today, I tell my adult children!) (I first read about ACV when I was young, but I didn't like drinking it, **** it.) So, if and when I remember, I am starting to drink it around 9 or 10pm. (I drink ACV to help my body deal with those glucose-dumps in the wee hours of the morning.)

I've often wondered how it works - as works it really does for a variety of ailments as this thread is attesting to. The best explanation I have read is that it makes our bodies more alkaline, in a food environment that makes our bodies too acid for really good health.

http://thehealthyeatingsite.com/benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/

And it also has anti fungal, anti biotic, anti viral qualities (helps kill the baddies in our bods in other words!).

Go ACV!

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Oh yes - ACV is terrific for calming that gallstone down when it tries to get out of that duct from time to time! If I get it early enough, ie when the pain starts, I pour my first drink of two teaspoons of organic (with the mother for sure) ACV with a squeeze of lemon, and it usually gets it under control, and within 15 minutes. It's the acetic acid, apparently, in apples, and the vinegar itself that does such a wonderful job (and it does). I found out about ACV and calming gallstone attacks online! I was, and am, hugely grateful to the internet!

Mafat

Aloe Svea-

Any noticeable effect of ACV on morning fasting blood sugar ? What is long term effect of ACV ?

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@Mafat - sorry didn't see your query there. I have just decided to do a big experiment on myself with ACV this month, and moving it to @Amanda61 's thread, if she doesn't mind? Keep the info together. Will post other links with the studies and info.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
(Copied, sort of, and brought over from 'Ask a question' thread on ACV)

- As a person of the diabetic persuasion, my liver churns out what looks like tons of my own self-made glucose in the wee hours of the morning - I am very keen to experiment this month - and see if I can improve my Fasting Blood Glucose (FBG) with Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and stick to it for a whole month!

I can't drink ACV (1 TBSP diluted in either cold or warm water) at bedtime as it keeps me awake, so I am trying it out either after dinner, or before dinner (dependent on time - ie the earlier in the evening the better, and carb content of food if I am eating away from home.) I'm also taking it in the morning. At the moment, if I don't feel like drinking it, I did try cucumber slices in about a TBSP - that was a good way to take it actually. (The cucumber cancels out and compliments the sour.)

Anyone keen to join in? Compare FBGs? And the HBA1c after a month? And see if there is any change...

For example, my FBG this morning was 7.3 :-( (And my carb intake yesterday would have been hard-pressed to be about 30 or 35g tops)
My latest (a few days ago) HBA1c - 44.

Apple Cider Vinegar.jpg