Apple controls diabetes

dpp

Eating this and not eating this for diabetic patients, all these things have no meaning.
Eat anything except sweets and apple keeps blood sugar normal.
Ref mass scale trial reports of Patients in the article as per the Link::-

(LInk removed from post)

If not convinced try it and see yourselves.

DPP

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Oh dear! :roll:

Nigel

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
This reads like SPAM written by someone who has English as a further language.
Has it been investigated?
Hana

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Yes, Google docs is all I got too. How did it know my e-mail address it just quoted at me - warning bells ring... :shock:

Dobbs

couldn't one of the moderators legitimately challenge "dpp" to defend or expand intelligently upon this ignorant, misleading, badly written rubbish, and until such times as "dpp" does, withhold it from the forum?

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
We are now seeing what life is like unprotected from the Forum Monitors and the Moderators. Albert and I were lucky that Google protected us from this link which could be infected. There are already 3 other spams on the forum. We have not appreciated the work they do but will soon see what it is like to be left on our own.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thanks Ken. There are lots of people who do appreciate you and Sue. :)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This thread should not be here! This is the type of thing that mods should delete immediately. It seems mods only want to do their job if they can be seen to be doing their job.

I'm sure one of the mods will come back from thier time-out to edit/delete this post...

anniep

There seems to be an inconsistancy here, on the other thread there are compliants of to much moderation here too little - for goodness sake make up your minds what you want the moderators to do!!

Talos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
anniep said:
There seems to be an inconsistancy here, on the other thread there are compliants of to much moderation here too little - for goodness sake make up your minds what you want the moderators to do!!

It's simple Moderators MODERATE
They need not explain their actions, just provide a link to the relevant rule without comment, those who dont like it can be invited to leave or comply

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
anniep said:

Simple - delete threads like this that do not contribute to the community. Those are the REAL thankless tasks - completely invisible to forum members, but making a huge difference (for the better) for all of us.

I don't want to have a dig at the mods, 'cos they DO do a great job. But it seems they want to be given credit for everything they do. Great mods are the ones that carry out all the house-keeping of a forum WITHOUT expecting a pat on the back everytime they jump in...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Patch said:
I don't want to have a dig at the mods, 'cos they DO do a great job. But it seems they want to be given credit for everything they do. Great mods are the ones that carry out all the house-keeping of a forum WITHOUT expecting a pat on the back everytime they jump in...

Would you care to elaborate further on the above Patch! :?

I think its worth reminding people that the duties of moderators and monitors on this forum is unpaid and very time consuming, devoting hours upon hours of your free time to help those that are in need of help and advice or just reassurance. Diabetes, like many other illnesses and conditions can be a lonely and frightening place to be, so is it not right that if someone offers you advice which helps improve your general well-being that you should thank them for their time?.....moderator/monitor or a forum member... it is polite and courteous to thank that person envolved ......and if that sounds like a 'pat on the back'.........so-be-it!

Just remember your own journey Patch and those that have helped you!

Nigel

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Patch said:

Patch.
As posted in another thread Moderator's do not answer posts. They have never asked for or want credit. They are just here to help with the smooth running of this Forum.

Monitor's too have never asked for or sought a 'pat on the back.' We offer our advice to ANY member who we think needs it, not as Monitors but as Sue and Ken. If somebody has a different opinion they can post their opinions too.

The only actions taken by us as Monitor's are in accordance with the present Forum rules and Policies. Monitor's have never sought or asked for the so called 'pat on the back.'

If someone wishes to thank us for anything we have done, that is their choice and is much appreciated. To us the sign of an appreciative and polite member. We certainly don't take offence if no response is forthcoming. We still answer the posts.....just something both of us do !

As for this thread........usually we do delete them with no ceremony.......however this was left as a small illustration of what can happen when the Forum is not Monitored/Moderated. There is more than one spam post around as well, in due course they will be deleted. Until then this remains here for any comments.........the OP posted 'garbage'. We would be entitled to ask for a source of the link, edit, delete.....whatever we decide is appropriate. We do know how to run the Forum Patch..........as you well know. Not always popular.......but hey.....it isn't a beauty parade ! :wink:

cugila
Forum Monitor

Sue Morton

Please Please could we return to normal. I loved coming on this forum as it has helped me no end. When, and I often do, feel depressed about things I come on to the forum and it helps me no end.

I am upset because I caused Ken upset as I said that "to let this run" seemed patronising and this caused offence. I never knew about all that has gone on and have just finsihed reading all the post on the item moderation and just feel so sad about it all. Please accept my apologise Ken.

I am in tears as I know this forum has helped so many people myself included and without it I would have been lost.

If you write a letter and ask someone what they think they will change it a word here and word there as its how they would have put things. Give the same letter to a variety of people and ask what they think that means they willl all give a different opinion as we all read things in different ways due to us all being individuals.

When I was at work we had the IT boys/girls protecting our PC's but having my own laptop is totally different and this site is protecting me from Spam thank goodness there is someone to do it. Thank you.

This forum is in aid of helping us in our control of our diabetise and as we are all individuals what one can eat another can't. Its good to see all the different things people try and trying them ourselves we find that we can or we can't eat them. All the different problems people have with the various different GPs DN's etc can all help us when dealing with our own GP and DN. All the different problems people encounter or issues that they have found and dealt with and passing on these tips and other methods of doing things - what a wonderful thing it is to have all these people with their various comments and help to make our pathway through this disease a bit easier - we just don't realise how lucky we are. People are diagnosed with many other illness that don't have this type of help and support that this forum gives us diabetics so be thankful that you have this forum and starting using it the way it should be used helping one another as that is the purpose of it.

Lets return to what this forum is for to help each other. I had a small op the other week and they took my BS I never knew why and due to nerves never asked. But on reading one of the questions on here someone was refused an op because the BS was high which would have meant they could get an infection and not heal properly because of their BS being so high. I never realised that was the reason.

We are always learning and with all the various different questions views it is helping us all so please can we return to normal.

If we were all good we wouldn't need policemen/women but we all no matter how good you think you are we all break the rules (sometimes not knowingly) at some time or other. Which is why we need the police to return us back on track and why we need moderators etc to put us back on track. No one is perfect and will make a mistake at some time or other.

Plus just one point most of you use a user name which is not your actual name which is in fact hiding your identity which you use for your own security why not allow the same security for the moderators etc.

Lets now get back to what this forum is about Diabetics and helping one another.

Sue :cry:

anniep

well said Sue.

I like to hear how different things have helped other people, but I don't like being told that this or that must be the way forward, because it works for somebody else. As we keep saying we are all individuals and react differently, the advice that is always being given is to test, test, test and to eat to your meter. As far as I am concerned that is the best advice that people can be given, to work out what works for you.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sue Morton said:
I am upset because I caused Ken upset as I said that "to let this run" seemed patronising and this caused offence. I never knew about all that has gone on and have just finsihed reading all the post on the item moderation and just feel so sad about it all. Please accept my apologise Ken.

I am in tears as I know this forum has helped so many people myself included and without it I would have been lost.

Sue :cry:

Sue.
Thank you for your apology to me. It was not needed....but is very much appreciated.

I, in turn am so so sorry that I upset you with my response. :( That was not intended nor would ever be the case. I know you to be a good person, someone I respect. It was an explanation .....no more.
It was also a message to those who try to bully and belittle us and hide elsewhere. I have sent you a pm as well.

There have been times on this Forum I have been brought to tears........mainly because of the exceptional kindness shown to me from many people who I do not know personally but take the time to just say thank you once in a while, offer support. We don't ask for or need thanks, but being human.....it is a pleasant feeling. Far better than the **** we have had to endure over the last few days !!! There will be those gloating in other Fora and Blog's.....if that's the best they can do.......!!

Sue and I hope that we can get back to doing what we normally do. What we have done in thousands of posts......That however, is a matter for the members here, not elsewhere.

Regards
Ken

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ken and Sue
Please get back to doing the great job that you have been doing. I for one appreciate all the help you have given me in the last year not just direct answers to my daft questions but your answers to other not so daft questions .Keep on modding :lol:
CAROL

Soundgen

Poor DPP banned for Advertising , he is however a real person his name is D P Parkhe and he really believes apples control BG levels , he has a whole website devoted to it , and yes clearly English is his second language , if anyone searches for "apple controls diabetes" you can see all his pages . If you look at why he thinks this , it's because as a type 2 diabetic he controls his BG well , and puts this all down to apples , despite doing many other things which are good at reducing BG notably excercise

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
Thanks for that info Soundgen
I had a wee glance at the website, will investigate further-sounds interesting. I like to keep an open mind on anything diabetes-related, especially dietry matters.
Jus :)