Apps for pumpers

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All

DSN showed me the Carbs & Cals app, but are they all like that, ie carb-counting databases? Are some of them more like digital monitoring/record books?

My phone is 6yrs old, very basic and although supposedly web-enabled, it doesn't seem keen. So I'm thinking about getting a smart phone. As I haven't already got one I can choose the phone to go with the most suitable app.

Does Medtronic Carelink work on mobiles?

If anyone has an app they'd recommend, I'd be interrested. Please say if it's for iPhone, Android or Windows - I'm in no rush so if there are improved ones in the pipeline eg for Windows7, I could wait. I've talked about changing my phone for 2 yrs and haven't made a decision yet :lol: .

Did anyone manage to get the VAT back on their iPhone, on the basis of it being a diabetes management device :wink:

Thanks
Sue

Unicornz

Hi Sue!

I don't think the CareLink works on a phone sadly :(

When it comes to pumping apps, I'm afraid I can't help you there either! I've tried to look around for one but on the iPhone there don't seem to be any at the moment. Maybe something somebody could have a look at due to popular demand ;)

hismom

Hi,
if its any help you can get a hard copy of carbs and cals on amazon. they do a pocket version, a normal version and one that also shows the fat content. We use this everyday really helpful

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the replies.

I've ordered the Carbs & Cals book and pocket book, but think a smart phone will be the best option as I can have both my logbook and Carbs & Cals on it.

Jen - SiDiary looks good. Do you find any glitches or annoying things about it?

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I am only using the computer program for Windows and haven't found any glitches or annoying things. I don't have the software to download direct from my meter to the program but might make the investment one day so I don't have to type it all myself. It is great for spotting trends and gives a fairly accurate hba1c result so there are no surprises when you turn up at clinic.