Apps

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I use my iPad and Diabetes Buddy. It is from the USA so the carb counting isn't great but it does the few things I really want. I was also able to try it for free to see if it suited.

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
BG Monitor - works great for what it is, takes into consideration insulin if your on it and can help you figure out how much you need to take if you are not on a set amount.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have used a lot of apps and the best one I find is the dario app I have the dario meter to go with it but you can manually enter readings as well

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Love MYSUGR its fun and feel more motivated

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use MYSUGR. I record my BG, carb intake and exercise. It displays a chart at the top of the log screen, showing levels and when carbs were eaten. So you can see at a glance where spikes occur. I record what I eat on myfitnesspal then record the amount of carbs on MYSUGR. It's simple and suits me. It also works out, 24hr, 7 and 14 day plus monthly averages.

Andy_D85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd suggest the MyDario app...it has a blood glucose meter you can buy/get for free if you go through the website.

It's mostly geared for type 1 (as most BG Monitoring Kits/Software is) but it does have the option to enter calories burned/link data to fitness apps etc, so may well be worth looking into if type 2? The app itself is free, the meter may not be, I got mine as part of a Facebook ad campaign for nothing, and get the strips on repeat through the GP.

If you're type 1 I'd highly recommend the app AND the meter, if not type 1/insulin dependent then the app being free is still worth a look =)