Apps

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good app with carb database suitable for use with an android phone. Thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried myfitnesspal lots of people seem to like it.. seems to have a very large database for products
Regards
Mark

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Firmly agree that MFP is a great app for food monitoring. Lots of ingredients but also many branded/supermarket foods on it. Also you can just scan the barcode to add foods - or create Recipes for meals you cook.

MFP has really helped me learn the content of the food I eat.

tonyo49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, using mfp app and I find it really useful to monitor daily intake of my diet. I am also using its programme to target weight loss over a five week period and it is working for me so I would definitely recommend it

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for all your replies. I thought my fitness pal was more calorie related and hoped there might have been a carb concentrated equivalent but can't seem to find any. I'm interested in the weight loss programme you mentioned too. I'll give it a try.

P

paula.nolan42

In the Low Carb Forum there is a link to apps and books and resources, one of the resources is an App for android. It's called DiabetesPA I think, it might be close to what your looking for. I want it but I'm on iOS

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use carbs and calls app, easy to use, pictures of portion size, you can add your own foods and the diary logs your meals.