Arms Numbness When Woke Up , Blood Sugar 6.5mmol.

Arms numbness when woke up at 2:30AM, blood sugar level tested 6.5mmol.

Is it too high more than 5 hours after meal?

Blood sugar should be under 5.6 mmol 3 or more hours after meal?

I had high carbs a day before.

Am I insulin resistance?

Thanks for attention.

M

Moggely

I am by know means an expert, but, Arm numbness can be a cause of many different things such as laying on that arm for instance. As for 6.5 after a meal, seems fine to me but i am no doctor and there are others more experienced in that then myself. As for insulin resistance only your doctor can inform you of that. High carbs, well it will cause a rise but until you see your doctor you will not know. Once again those figures seem normal to me. Hope that reassures you a little.

Reactions: EllieM

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, you haven't said what your HBA1c measurement is - as in your blood glucose measurement over the last three months, which your doctor would have (or should have) tested you for in your last blood lipid test.

Have you been diagnosed with prediabetes/raised BS levels? Or are you self testing, or?

Because yes, 6.5 after five hours, if your BG meter is reading correctly, is not normal, as in non-pre/diabetic. But this is why you need the longterm BG reading - your HBA1c to either confirm or deny.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yes, you haven't said what your HBA1c measurement is - as in your blood glucose measurement over the last three months, which your doctor would have (or should have) tested you for in your last blood lipid test.

Have you been diagnosed with prediabetes/raised BS levels? Or are you self testing, or?

Because yes, 6.5 after five hours, if your BG meter is reading correctly, is not normal, as in non-pre/diabetic. But this is why you need the longterm BG reading - your HBA1c to either confirm or deny.

What has A1c got to do with a lipid panel, separate tests with a link but A1c measures glycation not lipids.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Guzzler - because it is not actually sure that the poster is diagnosed as a prediabetic/with raised BG levels generally. It is precisely the BG levels over time which I believe to be of interest here, in, is the anxiety poster has truly warranted? I was just referring to the fact that the poster probably had his/her HBA1c tested along with their last blood test.

I guess you are wanting to make sure I know the distinction between blood lipids and blood glucose? Quite right. I too have found that many newbies and folks IRL with raised blood glucose/prediabetes get confused over lipids as distinct from blood glucose readings, and you may be making sure I don't confuse the poster any with this? Quite right.

But I was just meaning when the poster may have gotten their HBA1c test last.