Article in the Guardian

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Ian. This is a very interesting article. Earlier to-day I wrote to my local paper on the subject of testing etc If it gets followed up at all then the information in this article can only help.

Cowboyjim

Just read most of it. Not exactly enlightening for us but scary. Annoying too with the header pic of a couple of porkers... really does tee me off this media stereotype and I think it is counter-productive, I am skinny so I must be OK, at least that is the way I used to feel, wotatwot!
Some good comments too as always in the Grauniad. 8)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
He still loves his food: "I'd love to go to some TV chef and say: 'Make something that really tastes good, but is genuinely low-fat.' And how come the low-fat dishes in the supermarket are always more expensive than the others? But it's your head you have to get sorted out."

Trouble is, the Guardian "cause" is the same "low fat" mantra. Carbs & carb metabolism are the real problem. I wonder what those pictured fatties eat as a cause of obesity?

Grazer

IanD said:
I wonder what those pictured fatties eat as a cause of obesity?

Don't think it could be chips, pizza, pies, white bread burger rolls etc do you? Surely not! Must be the saturated fat in the meat and cheese making them fat.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Grazer said:
IanD said:
I wonder what those pictured fatties eat as a cause of obesity?

Don't think it could be chips, pizza, pies, white bread burger rolls etc do you? Surely not! Must be the saturated fat in the meat and cheese making them fat.

Nor the beer, "Go-Ahead" biscuits, ice creams, sweets, etc - all low fat & therefore healthy eating.

Cowboyjim

Low-fat is not the way either surely? They are being fooled. Read the label and be shocked.
A yoghurt please with plenty of fat and artificial sweetener, or better still add some fresh fruit.
But this has little of the fast food motivation beloved by the predominantly lazy who live for constant stimulation.
One day it will be a lot simpler. We will have a USB port instead or SD card slot, or maybe a Bluetooth link, we can beam in signals to the pleasure centres of the brain direct. People will then be thin as rakes possibly starve to death so preoccupied they will become with the "stim".
We might sit in train carriages stimulating strangers with random stim signals... oh what fun! 8)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Cowboyjim said:
<snip>
We might sit in train carriages stimulating strangers with random stim signals... oh what fun! 8)

Totally politically incorrect, but I though that young, fit, and flamboyantly dressed women (and men) already did this? :lol: