Artificial Sweeteners Linked To Higher Blood Sugar Levels - Villages-news.com

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just another waste of research dollars. The one thing I have never given up is my diet soft drinks and my BS is absolutely fine. I drink it every day and if I consume anything with actual sugar in my levels go back to normal within an hour. The one thing I have learnt is it is best to do your own testing to figure out the effects items have on your BS. Some dont like artificial sweeteners in any form so it is a personal choice.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have been trying to kick my diet coke habit thinking it might help bring my insulin levels down if there is any truth to aspartame causing an insulin release. Down from 2 litres a day to one can in the morning(I don't drink coffee). I have not seen a reduction in BG and in fact it has gone up a bit in the last couple weeks despite eating very low carb.

Reactions: 3 people

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Scare stories about artificial sweeteners have been around for a while, take with a very large pinch of saccharin

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Different types of sweetener can still affect Bg quite radically, stevia is supposed to be the one to use as it is supposed to have less effect. Sad to say it still affects me so I don't have anything now with artificial contents.

Reactions: 3 people