Aspartame

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinbuchan

Not a very inspiring forum. Yes, life is dangerous. Who pays for this forum and and propaganda against artificial sweetners? The sugar companies?

This paranoia is quite contagious.

Marty B

sparkle73

Hi Martin. Thanks for your comments. seems by the hostility in your reply that something seems to have hit a nerve. Isnt that fear talking. I wonder if you yourself consume loads of low sugar products and the only defence is attack. Given my situation, where my gamma readings are sky high, and the effects it has had on my now 4 month old baby boy,(i take it you have read my story) I wish with all my heart that i was in the pay of the sugar companies. The truth about Aspartame based sweetners and products that contain this poison, is a scandal in our food industry and relies on the very attitude you portray. too far fetched to believe isnt it, does that make it not true then?. If you had taken the time to read the forum properly, you would see that we are'nt selling anything and in fact we say that it will be worth the effort of making the forum in the first place if just one person thinks twice before giving themselves or there children some Aspartame product. Sorry that message seems to have slipped by you. Life is dangerous yes, but you dont deliberatly stand in front of a bus, or perhaps you do.

Claire

http://sugarfreepoison.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Sukaren

This sweetener has been banned in a lot of country's it has been well known to be a dubious substance, I think it is quiet wrong to be dismissive and rude about the subject.

sparkle73

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sukaren</i>
<br />This sweetener has been banned in a lot of country's it has been well known to be a dubious substance, I think it is quiet wrong to be dismissive and rude about the subject.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Sukaren,

Thanks for that, this is a free country and everybody should be allowed to eat what they want to eat, but alot of people don't know the real risk of something that seems potentially innocent as the substance Aspartame.It has been known for quite a while that this stuff can be lethal as it's even been labelled "ASPARTAME THE THALIDOMIDE OF THE 90'S" and we all know what that did to unborn babies.The thing about Aspartame is it is widely used by manufacturers of low sugar and sugar free products because it is cheaper to use, mainly because it is 200 times sweeter than sugar so they can use less of it which makes their profits bigger.And that is what this is all about, PROFIT. Like you said alot of countries have banned this substance but for some reason it is still accepted as safe in other countries including the UK.I know from the special care nurse that comes to see my son that there is now a new review taking place regarding the safety of Aspartame and she has infact advised her diabetic patients to stay clear of any products that contain this stuff.

Hopefully in time the truth about this stuff will finally come out before it's too late. Thanks for the link, we know too well this site, i only hope that others will take the time to read all the information on any of these links.

Best Wishes
Claire

martinbuchan

I searched again on pubmed and there is no real evidence to conclude aspartame (APM)is dangerous. I must conclude there is a bit of scare mongering going on. Heard thru the g****vine that APM causes increased apetite- not so good for gutsy type 2 diabetics like myself.

The basic science data for transfats is definately strong unlike that of APM. Again, I would love to know how much of the debate is influenced by big business. There is a lot of money at stake here.

Also, I don't stand in front of buses but I do have a motorbike. Just about as dangerous.

Being labelled as rude for disagreeing is daft. To equate APM with thalidomide is questionable IMHO.

MB

martinbuchan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SarahQ</i>
<br />Marty, take no notice of them they are just using this site for free advertising for their own sites.
Try this for a good read http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm? ... e=s5i18171
------------------------
Type 1 on insulin for 43 years,No complications

Enjoyed it.TVM.

Marty B

Sukaren

Sarahq, OUR sites! are you for real? you seem to always assume if you don,t agree with something that someone has to be pushing there own sites!!!! Strange.

sparkle73

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sukaren</i>
<br />Sarahq, OUR sites! are you for real? you seem to always assume if you don,t agree with something that someone has to be pushing there own sites!!!! Strange.

thanks for that, if you have checked the other forum you will see the vicous attack sarahq as just unleashed on us, accusing us of being fake, our baby story is untrue and that if anybody on here believes us then you a gullable. it's silly really, we are only trying to help but she deffo as a problem somewhere, and while i can feel the flame on here, i would rather not to be honest. We just dont like false accusation agaisnt us though. for those of you who think we are up to something and our baby story isnt real then please take a look at our baby site for our son, i know its off topic but to be so attacked for no reason is disgusting. To see my familys baby site dedicated to our little son.http://www.babysites.com/sites/nathan2611/?seq=1

Sukaren

Sparkle, I am horrified by what you have told me, words fail me! To say that your story about your son is a put up job is simply wicked and beyond belief, if this is the way this forum is going I want no part of it. This is bang out of order!!!!!!!!

martinbuchan

"Since it was first approved for use in the United States, the safety of aspartame has been questioned by some. To date, however, the agency has not been presented with scientific information that would support a change in our conclusions about the safety of aspartame. Those conclusions are based on a detailed review of a large body of information, including more than 100 toxicological and clinical studies regarding the sweetener's safety. "

FDA Website direct quote.

Marty B

sparkle73

Tell me martin, why are you soooooooooo dedicated to proving us wrong, even on the other post saying that our baby site is just a baby site it doesnt prove anything. (indicating that yet again i am fake, my baby site is made up) Seems to me that you are going out of your way with this.. its ok you quoting things from sites, i could do the same damming Aspartame left right and center in the end you can quote all you like, you cant take away the facts that this stuff breaks down into very toxic chemicals in the body,or are you going to tell us all next that the stuff they embalm dead bodies with, which is a chemical that Aspartame makes in our body as it breaks down, is good for us. it has been banned in many different countries. why is that excatly if its so safe. Dont tell me, its 'cos they are all stupid,and in the pay of the sugar companies. your aurgument for Aspartame is flawed. you ignore the true fact that is not disputed, ie, the chemical breakdown substances in the body, and then try and tell us there can be no truth in what i am saying. You dont have to be sherlock holmes to see, just on that evidence alone, at the very least there is reason to be suspicious of it. Lets take on another way of looking at this. Forget you know anything about Aspartame,it doesnt exist,it isnt in any of our favourite drinks or cakes and sweets, then one day you hear of someone selling a tablet that is 200 times sweeter than sugar,but as a downside that it breaks down to all this nasty chemical stuff in your body. who would buy such stuff and deliberatly eat that. i wouldnt think anybody would. We never got a choice though before it was in everything. A sayings spring to mind here.

No smoke without fire. and there is plenty of fire.

http://sugarfreepoison.myfreeforum.org/about13.html
http://sugarfreepoison.myfreeforum.org/about14.html

regards
claire

The Truth is out there

Sukaren

Sparkle,I know there is truth in what you are saying....I watched a TV programme on the dangers of of this stuff...so as you rightly say "No smoke without fire" while there are people out there like the couple here these scandals will go on...I bet they believe that there dr has there interests at heart.....errr NO! can we make a profit out of them? Everything is down to profit!! We are ALL just pawns in a big money making racket....nothing is done in the interests of HEALTH...SICKNESS PAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparkle73

It's very true what you say in your post. it is all about profit, and this stuff is big business, and yes while there are people out there who totaly ignore the evidence, or are selective with the truth, this scandal will go on and on and on. I believe one day this will come out into the public eye, much the same as it did over antidepressants causing suicide in teenagers to rise, which was denied over and over again, until a reporter uncovered boxes and boxes of secret papers in which the makers knew it was true but paid scientist lots of money to cover it up with press releases maskerading as scientific studies.. This scenario is played over time and time again to cover up the scandals, tabacco, aspartame, and many others, with bought scientists to give creedence and respectabilty to the lies. This is why i can understand how people can blindly go about believing reports by the FDA and what not as if they are gospel. These People should be there to protect us from these things, that is what they were set up to do. The sad truth is though, that they dont and it's the "you and me" of this world, that have to pay for their greed, with our health and wellbeing.

regards

claire

The Truth is out there

pay no attention to sarahq she attacks anything on this forum that is not her opinion whether or not the aspartame thing is true it is interesting to consider

ChocFish

A bit more respect to Sarah Q please she is entitled to voice her opinion like the rest of us, she also managed her conditon for over 40 years and haa no complication, no mean achievement there. I avoid anything artificial/chemically produced and always look for natural alternatives, but if they dont work or its an emergency please ignore what I say and pump me full of the toxic stuff, hope it works.

Could be that some people are hypersensitive to aspartame, I know loads of people that use the stuff and have no problems with it, maybe a case of time will tell, but why worry too far ahead over something that may never happen.

Sparkle thanks for raising awareness, everyone, whether diabetic or not should be more aware of what they are shovelling down their throats.

Hope all goes well with your family and baby.

All the best

Karen

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

sparkle73

Quote: Chocfish - A bit more respect to Sarah Q please she is entitled to voice her opinion like the rest of us.

Simply it is hard to respect someone who just because they don't agree with your opinion or point of view attack not only your integrety but also imply that the situation we are going through with our baby son is a lie.Makes no difference whether Sarahq has managed her condition for over 40 years, it still doesn't give her the right to attack other peoples validity with personal insults and accusations away from the topic of debate.It has been pointed out by other members that sarahq does this quite alot and i am very suprised if this is how certain members behave that they haven't actually been removed from this site.

you can believe me when i say this that the comments that sarahq made after the heartache and heartbreak we have been through and still going through with our son, I was more than respectful in my replies. Lets put it this way if i would have allowed my partner to answer that post as he was absolutely livid, he could have quite literally strung her from the nearest lampost! but of course us women are more level headed than that but still her comments hurt deeply, but i still managed to remain respectful throughout.

The Truth is out there

martinbuchan

<i>Originally posted by sparkle73</i>
<br />'Tell me martin, why are you soooooooooo dedicated to proving us wrong, even on the other post saying that our baby site is just a baby site it doesnt prove anything. (indicating that yet again i am fake, my baby site is made up) Seems to me that you are going out of your way with this.. its ok you quoting things from sites, i could do the same damming Aspartame left right and center in the end you can quote all you like, you cant take away the facts that this stuff breaks down into very toxic chemicals in the body,or are you going to tell us all next that the stuff they embalm dead bodies with, which is a chemical that Aspartame makes in our body as it breaks down, is good for us. it has been banned in many different countries. why is that excatly if its so safe. Dont tell me, its 'cos they are all stupid,and in the pay of the sugar companies. your aurgument for Aspartame is flawed. you ignore the true fact that is not disputed, ie, the chemical breakdown substances in the body, and then try and tell us there can be no truth in what i am saying. You dont have to be sherlock holmes to see, just on that evidence alone, at the very least there is reason to be suspicious of it. Lets take on another way of looking at this. Forget you know anything about Aspartame,it doesnt exist,it isnt in any of our favourite drinks or cakes and sweets, then one day you hear of someone selling a tablet that is 200 times sweeter than sugar,but as a downside that it breaks down to all this nasty chemical stuff in your body. who would buy such stuff and deliberatly eat that. i wouldnt think anybody would. We never got a choice though before it was in everything. A sayings spring to mind here.'

Hi- The forum you refer to hints that the FDA believe there is a problem with APM. Quite patently, the FDA does have a position on it- just not the one you have. I have looked into the evidence on APM also having heard of rumours in the past. Yet, still, there is nothing to suggest in the scientific literature that there are any health risks attached to normal intake of APM. I am not trying to prove you wrong, you have not provided any evidence at all to prove yourself correct. You defend you view with vigour, but retaliating with the emotional sledge hammer does not support your message.

Having dissected two cadaver legs this week at my local anatomy dept I know what formaldehyde does to tissues. However, the toxic metabolites you refer to are produced, but only significant levels are reached when huge quantities are ingested (eg 20mg/kg to 200mg/kg). I never use APM to sweeten anything. But if you use 5g sugar for a mug of tea. The equivilent dose of APM for sweetness would be 0.025g APM. Giving me a loading dose of 0.00025mg/kg body weight with each intake. Quite a bit less than the rat experimental doses. This leads to miniscule doses of metabolised methanol/formaldehyde. Canderel tablets are 0.045g each of APM.

I would say not to use any sweeteners all. It just induces bad habits. I try to use honey in cooking (prunes in my *****aleekie soup) as the fructose has GI of 50. I don't take any sugar/APM added to drinks or food. I can't give up diet Irn Bru just yet. I was cutting back on that to reduce my caffiene intake anyway. To suggest I stuff my mouth with APM is ridiculous. Please provide robust evidence- you haven't yet on this forum on on the other one you linked.

Marty B
(with no COI at all, no axe to grind, no agenda)

ChocFish

SORRY - didnt mean to annoy anyone here

All the best

Karen

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Status
Not open for further replies.