Atenolol

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
I was just wondering after reading a post on here, if my use of Atenolol (past 6-7 years) may have been instrumental in bringing my Diabetes T2.

It was the main β-blocker identified as carrying a higher risk of provoking type 2 diabetes, leading to its downgrading in the United Kingdom in June 2006 to fourth-line agent in the management of hypertension.

hallii

Who knows Roy, I am in the same boat, I have been on Atenolol in the past for about 10 years. I am now on others (rampapril,bisoprolol,amlodipine and bendroflumethiazide.).

I guess it may have been a factor, fancy suing the drug company? I doubt it, they will have some way of wriggling out of it no doubt.

H

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
hallii said:
Who knows Roy, I am in the same boat, I have been on Atenolol in the past for about 10 years. I am now on others (rampapril,bisoprolol,amlodipine and bendroflumethiazide.).

I guess it may have been a factor, fancy suing the drug company? I doubt it, they will have some way of wriggling out of it no doubt.

H
Them and my Doctor goto to be worth a shot, would I get legal aid????

hallii

RoyG said:
hallii said:

H
Them and my Doctor goto to be worth a shot, would I get legal aid????

The problem is, they would say "he was going to develop T2 regardless, and he has to prove that it was Atenolol that caused it"
Nothing can be proven, we might have a strong suspicion that Atenolol was a factor in causing T2 but without strong scientific proof there would be no case. And no case means no legal aid either.

I am afriad we are just lab rats, and the experiment in this case was a failure, our tough luck!

H