Atkins bars - something to consider

B

badcat

Sadly they raise my BM's too much to be worth it however much I like them ( the coconut one raises my BMs less than a bounty bar would but still too much)

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Well processed junk is processed junk no matter the label / I wouldn't touch them with a barge pool. :shock:

hornplayer

I do eat a bar occasionally but I drink a shake, usually the coffee one, at least once a day. I find they really help me get through the day. I'm very tired a lot of the time and I seem to be having trouble eating enough, protein, especially, during the day when I'm haring around the country side working, to stop myself from feeling hungry and tired. I'm finding that if I add a shake, I feel a lot better. I'm not really that bothered about what's in them, although, if there was another way, a more natural way, of getting 17g of protein into me in ten seconds flat while driving through country lanes in the back of beyond, I'd certainly be interested in hearing about it!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Stellaau

i looked at them at the shops yesterday and decided that they are not for me. i would rather have little bit of dark chocolate. not sure how that goes with diabetes as i am new, but still

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I use the "Daybreak" bars as a meal substitute sometimes - if I'm driving a distance, or in a rush - but I doubt if I even eat one per week.

They taste good, but beware - they are full of polyols. If you eat too many you'll be rushing to the loo! :shock:

Overall, I find them very handy in an emergency, or if I'm going out for a meal later that day. I can allow myself a small sin at dinner because I know exactly what I've eaten previously.

Viv 8)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find them useful when cycling, ver small and light and serve well to keep my bg's where I want them. i also carry a couple with me as "emergency" rations when out and about as sometimes it can be quite tricky to find a suitable snack out in the sticks, pasties seem to rule hereabouts and although I would love to have one, it would not be a particlarly good idea!

Sent from a melting iceberg. help!!!