Atkins bars

K

Kat100

Can anyone advise please....I was looking at the Atkins bars in boots....chocolate and orange ones they looked yummie not cheap though....just wondered if they are ok for a t2 diet as a treat or a snack......thank you in advance...katx

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Afraid I don't know Kat100. :(

But, I tell you what though..... Hmmm, sounds very appealing. :thumbup:

I'll be looking out for the replies you receive.

Have a pleasant week-end,

willie.

K

Kat100

Thanks willie....
I am keen to learn more....
Just had a bit of a google.....looks like they might be ok...just hoping some kind person here has some experience.....they would make such a nice treat....yum

Hope you are feeling so much better by the way....
Tc Kat x

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As suggested, they are heavily processed and full of all kinds of stuff that doesn't belong in a chocolate bar. However, that said, they are low carb and I haven't found that they spike me particularly.
I was a chocaholic before I was diagnosed, so I have them if I get a real chocolate craving that won't go away... and to be honest, half a bar is usually enough. I like the chocolate decadence one the best.

hornplayer

I tend to avoid the bars but I have been known to gulp back one of the ready made coffee shakes if I start flagging mid afternoon. - It stops me wanting to murder small children.

:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Andy12345 has a minor love affair wirh them if I remember correctly . Hes prob the guy to ask. He is also a low carber 30 gram ish per day

K

Kat100

Thank you all for your kind replys I may have to have a go and see what they are like......yes I thought Andy had mentioned them before......so some one eats them....just feel the need to try them ....you know see what they are like......thanks again Kat x

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Amazon sell them. But Asda have them for £1.00 although limited choice of flavours

Cara

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
do you manage to eat well on 30 carbs a day paul ,, ? about 2 items I choose are probably 30g :D

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Haven't managed to look for them yet,
but I'm a convert already. :thumbup:

Yum Yum for my Tum Tum for sure.

willie.

K

Kat100

Hi weewillie found a site while having a google it sells boxes of the choc bars....some veggie to....
Avid lite think it was called they do all the atkins bars and a Christmas pudding....and I spotted weathers originals sugar free....I think a girl will be going shopping on line ;)
Anything is worth a try I think if you want to try something....best wishes Kat x

Fraddycat

The only way you are going to know is by testing before and then +2, everyone is different! I have Atkins bars as an occasional treat, they are lovely but a bit addictive. I bought a box of 18 of the coconut ones on Amazon and ended up having one a day, which is prob not good and I did find my numbers creeping up through the month. Now I have them rarely but they are very satisfying :)

K

Kat100

Don't mention the butter scotch one my husband has a bar in the fridge lol I have the green and blacks 85% one ;) but nice when in need....I am going to try one of those coconut bars just one a week might buy a box off that site.....Kat x ummmmm need it now....

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Kat100 said:
Hi weewillie found a site while having a google it sells boxes of the choc bars....some veggie to....
Avid lite think it was called they do all the atkins bars and a Christmas pudding....and I spotted weathers originals sugar free....I think a girl will be going shopping on line ;)
Anything is worth a try I think if you want to try something....best wishes Kat x

It's getting even better with every bit of info you're offering, Kat. :thumbup:

Thank you.

willie.

K

Kat100

Ha ha .......hello... weewillie, mrs weewillie will have a very content man, with crumble and atkins.... The avid lite site looks good.....;) Kat x

Jillycoops5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Kat100,

I am on the atkins diet, the atkins bars are low carb and good if you get cravings for sweet stuff. The only thing I would warn about is cause they have artificial sweetner in them that can act as a laxitive, i am sensitive to artificial sweetener so now avoid the bars as i get an upset stomach if I eat them. I might add though they are tasty and I am sad i can't eat them.