1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Autoimmune Cross Reactions To Everyday Foods: Possibly A Root Cause Of Autoimmune Diabetes

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by Lar oli mu, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

It took me 2 years to finally talk about this: Now I see first results of what Dr. Kharrazian and Dr. Vojdani from Harvard have been talking about for the last four years. If you have an autoimmune component to your diabetes, their concept of DETECT | REMOVE TRIGGERS | REPAIR BARRIERS is working and it leads to an autoimmune lifestyle that proves to be really helpful in getting to the root of diabetes and also the source of finally pushing diabetes over. 0246E73C-9A57-4CE2-A269-A54696110DA6.jpeg The past nine days my blood sugars have been fantastic, like I have never experienced it before. I told my practitioner last week, “If I don’t have any hidden autoimmune reactions going on in my body, my blood sugars are as straight as a lake in the woods.”

A lot has been going on in the past three weeks. A lot of people have been praying for my diabetes to go away and that all the hormonal parameters will start functioning normal again. For the past two years I have been on a very strict autoimmune diet, which is sometimes low-carb, sometimes Keto, but its focus is to avoid auto immune triggers that put gasoline on the fire of auto immune reaction against pancreas target sites.

While I am sitting here and writing this post, I feel that I have to reduce my pump, because my actual dosage is more than I need.

I feel like I am on the verge of a miracle. Diabetes is about to fall. What can you say? God still heals and the auto immune experts at Harvard really found some gold nuggets when studying auto immune cross-reactions caused by foods that stimulate the immune system to destroy molecules that are important to the overall function of the pancreas.

Let’s get to the source of healing. Let’s get to the root of disease. Let’s do it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Lar oli mu, Jul 16, 2018 at 8:49 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
  2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

It would be helpful if you supplied a few references and links to the research you are talking about? I am sure that lots of people would be interested to read the studies and source material.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Lar oli mu ,

What has the weather been like in your part of the world? Hot? Sunny? Over 25c? :)

When the sun shines on a rightious D, it can increase insulin sensitivity! :cool:
    Keep an eye out for those slow creeping lows...

Edited to tag in @Hoping4Cure .

• Like Like x 1
    #3 Jaylee, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:22 PM
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

6. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

I think they're trying to work their way through most common autoimmune diseases. I think they may already have done thyroid. I know Dr K. has a book out on thyroid and also neurological health. Dr V. is a professor of autoimmunology and also the chief scientist at Cyrex Labs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

• Winner Winner x 1
    #7 Lar oli mu, Jul 18, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  8. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

@Jaylee The weather has been an insulin sensitivity blasting drought w/o any cloud for 20 weaks so far. So you’re right. This might have something to do with it.
    But I think, without gasoline on the fire the body just comes back... from going all over the place after you have had popcorn for instance.
    Greetings,
    Lars

• Winner Winner x 1
    #8 Lar oli mu, Jul 18, 2018 at 4:20 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  9. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

700E3834-B795-4EDC-9AE7-7FF4DFB20AC6.jpeg This made it to my fridge this morning:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

For anyone with antibodies against IA2, GAD 65 and 67, InsulinReceptor alpha, ZincTransporter 8!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

Go to 49:00 for cross reactivity and molecular mimicry.
    Today I did something really stupid. Even though I should’ve known better I did a goodbye meal to garbanzo beans, which I have loved for the past two years, and never did I have any allergic reactions to it. But today it was different. For some reason my immune system gave me a real run-over-by-a-tractor reaction to my beloved garbanzo beans plus potatoes. Immediately asked all my friends to pray for the symptoms to go away quickly. I was just knocked out all day, but this could have knocked me out several days. Then I decided to do a good thing. Check on Dr. K if there were any videos out on YouTube from him that would help me understand what was going on and why and I found the one above and it makes it all really clear what we are dealing with. The title is thyroid health, but he beautifully explains molecular mimicry and cross-reaction.
    IMG_5353.jpg
    So, garbanzo beans cross react with IA2, so does egg yolk, and potatoes cross react with GAD65. There we have a war.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #11 Lar oli mu, Jul 25, 2018 at 6:31 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  12. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

Here are some of the slides of the presentation. Courtesy of Dr. Kharrazian. 12F198E7-EBCF-4372-B8A8-3616FAA1B860.jpeg AFAE97A2-C5FB-43AF-9243-B3E6B481D4AE.jpeg 7970660A-7542-43C2-959A-5A38FA8A6DBD.jpeg 995BFBA3-C3CB-40B9-844A-56D46D0A6CB7.jpeg 46D95B3E-7F42-4F39-B8A9-000BEF3217F3.jpeg 63305944-1166-4458-BF95-AB53A4CD3878.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

Here are more. IMG_5372.jpg IMG_5373.jpg IMG_5374.jpg IMG_5375.jpg IMG_5376.jpg IMG_5377.jpg IMG_5378.jpg IMG_5379.jpg IMG_5380.jpg IMG_5381.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

And the rest. IMG_5382.jpg IMG_5385.jpg IMG_5386.jpg IMG_5387.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

This took me two years to understand and apply. It goes so deep that I have not been able to talk about it, because this is not what your normal practitioner would be of any assistance to
    . IMG_5398.jpg This presentation is from Dr. Vojdani, the leading autoimmune professor at Harvard, sort of like Dr. K’s boss, where he explains the concept of “DETECT | REMOVE TRIGGERS | REPAIR THE BARRIERS”.

THIS GOES HAND IN HAND WITH WHAT DR. K IS SAYING. PHENOMENALLY SOUND AND HELPFUL.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #15 Lar oli mu, Aug 5, 2018 at 11:53 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2018
  16. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Expert

I was so sick of being sick and trying to figure out what ALL of my food I tolerances were from. My nervous system was hyper sensitive and I was having swollen eyes and face, runny nose etc. basic allergy responses but after allergy testing turns out only morphine and coconut.
    So I took the plunge from very low carb keto to 100% carnivore. Changed my entire world. I’m only 9 days in. Zero bloating or gas/ wind. Eyes and skin clear and unswollen. No drippy nose. Energy , mood and sleep improved. Nervous system much calmer. Lost 5#’s of inflammation water in 5 days. The only non carnivore food I ingest is wine. I’m sure it’s not helping but it is. Lol
    All this from removing two small handfuls of veggies and live oil. I’m simply amazed. I started it as a radical elimination diet but I’m staying right where I am

It’s a real hardship to eat beef lamb and duck everyday lol. Makes life much simpler. Bolt to the meat dept and leave. No lugging bags around. No countim macros.
    I used to think it was histamines from proteins. Turns out protein and fat are my best foods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

In fact, pancreas target site antibodies don’t fit on meat proteins at all. But there are other Foods where they don’t fit. I encourage you to have antibodies checked and then you know, which 10, 20, 30 or 40 foods cross react and which 300 or so you can eat as much as you like. But ... supermarket shelf size decreases drastically ... and THAT‘S not really easy.

Just approach it with an engineer‘s mindset: the immune system is designed to tear down and built up your entire organism with no nonsense rules. If a protein is marked, then it gets torn down. https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6458300449354190848 It might be old, sick, damaged or bound to a poison like glyphosate or some sticky protein your body doesn’t like like the more than 1000 glutens. If there are antibodies in more than normal amounts and you put food into your stomach that the antibodies fit to, it‘s like putting gasoline on the fire. You stop the gasoline thing 100% (not 99%) the fire slowly dies and the immune cells that remember antibody structures die and the new ones don’t have that information anymore. It’s a long race.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #18 Lar oli mu, Sep 21, 2018 at 9:19 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  18. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

And this is way when it is reported that a few people have reversed type1 with low carbs, I point out it may not be the carbs that did it.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

I had an amazing experience this weekend; this is the main thought that came out of it: „The day will come, when I will reclaim everything this disease has stolen and robbed from me; and in better shape that it was before.“ #beatdiabetes This is for the young generation who get diagnosed with autoimmune diabetes and who have all the tools to go for direct reversal and everyone else who believes that you can #beatdiabetes no matter how desperate things may look right now.

IMG_5837.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook