1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Autoimmune Cross Reactions To Everyday Foods: Possibly A Root Cause Of Autoimmune Diabetes

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by Lar oli mu, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

Ringi, that’s quite an impressive journey with your HbA1c there. How did you do it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Low carb, but remember I have type2 not type1.

3. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

You can get equally good results with type one, either by low carb and/or very clever insulin dosing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Or in other words. If you massively restrict your diet your T1D may improve, but does your quality of life?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

I have 4 siblings, 3 brothers, 8, 11 and 12 years older and a sister, 13 months younger than me. We all ate the same foods, grew up with Scottish parents, lots of home cooked foods, bread, biscuits and occasional treats too, eg fish supper's, but I am the only one with diabetes, type 1. My uncle, on my mum's side, had type 1 diabetes and died in the 1970's. My sister was the one for sugar sandwiches when we returned home from school :rolleyes:o_O

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

If you have an “easy” kind of diabetes, the ones without much fire, you can reverse things quickly, and if they are a result of lifestyle, lifestyle changes will reduce it. But what is type 2 and what is type 1? The whole classification is stupid. Because if you have antibodies against GAD65, you have GAD65 autoimmunity. Type 1 or 2 is misleading if you want to get to the root. It is only the classification that keeps you in a system where you get substitution for your missing body fluids.

But if your diabetes is more trickyly organized, then your sour days may look like this:
    9E5F4FBC-3876-4EFC-AB53-50FEB0C2D15E.jpeg

I had tons of these days and no one could ever tell me why this would happen. Until Dr.K appeared on the scene.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

Here’s what I think what might have happened.

Your body made GAD65 antibodies long before anybody figured it. Your sister didn’t. Bread, biscuits and the occasional treats had the same protein structures so that your GAD65 antibodies would smoothly fit to them.

Or your immune system made antibodies against GAD67, GAD65’s sister who also works in the pancreas and in the thyroid and in the memory center of the brain. Then chocolate and cow’s milk did the trade for you, and for roughly six to eight years you suffered from “silent autoimmunity” before you finally crashed into full blown type ONE. But at the root would be GAD67 autoimmune ... and did you like pecans? Or orange juice? Coconut? (The dumb thing is that in Germany I haven’t found a lab yet that would test for GAD67 antibodies...)
    PNG-Bild 3.png
    Your sister didn’t have that problem, so she would eat the same stuff you would eat and nothing would happen to her.
    But in your pancreas GAD65 would be insufficient and later entirely missing. Also there would be IA2 antibodies, which would cause a lot other damage.

And all those years you had the fire with the oil on the fire being the biscuits and occasional treats and your sister didn’t have any fire at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #27 Lar oli mu, Oct 1, 2018 at 3:12 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
  8. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

Did you ever wonder, why diabetes is FLOURISHING in countries where corn, dairy, eggs and grains are the staple foods? Most likely, not. Neither did I. But a few weeks ago I was pondering several thoughts: why is it that in some nations diabetes is practically unknown? And can the lifestyle of a nation be a breeding ground for some diseases, just because this lifestyle serves a weakness in our emotional, physical, spiritual makeup? I mean, think about it: EVEN China, where a few decades ago diabetes was practically unknown, after they introduced dairy as a staple food has their Kabboouumm with over 100 million diabetics.

What frustrates me more than anything is, that when you walk into a supermarket, the shelves are just loaded up with things that put fire on auto immune reactions against pancreas target sights. If you would put a flag on every product that does that like 95% of the products in a standard supermarket would have to be labeled. Imagine a label, “This will make your autoimmune diabetes worse.” We, with our western cultures, have wondered so far from Real Food, that provides save information to our immune system and doesn’t cause stress and pain, inflammation and war within our body.

PNG-Bild 3.png PNG-Bild 4.png PNG-Bild 5.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    #28 Lar oli mu, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:58 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  9. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

In the last two years, I’ve developed serious allergies to cows milk, mammal meat and poultry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

That's marvellous, but buckwheat (the most reactive with both GAD-65 and GAD-67) isn't widely used in Nothern European food.... so it must be all the others' fault.

11. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

If you have GAD65 antibodies (do you, Tim?) and you swallow a scoop of buckwheat you just opened the gates to some major turmoil - all depending how down regulated your immune system is. But if you clean up your system and take some burdens off of your immune system, then you‘ll find out that even the least reactive foods can cause a reaction that feels like like a swing with the frying pan to the head.
    I like living without swinging pans to my head.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Can you reverse type 1??? I don't think so.

13. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I have no idea whether i have GAD65 antibodies, but the reaction you describe to buckwheat is very definitely not what I've experienced when using Buckwheat flour.....

14. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

If you can eat buckwheat without any reaction then you don’t have GAD65 antibodies. Good news.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Lar oli mu

Lar oli mu · Guest

It’s not about thinking here. I „think“ (in the sense of „have a strong hope“) in 30 years it will be normal to reverse type 1.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lars Muff

Lars Muff Type 1 · Active Member

I just lost 20 kg over the past three months. No diet, just autoimmune protocol from Datis Kharrazian.

Didn’t change a thing in calories. Just left out the crossreacting foods and calmed down the autoimmune fire in my body. Suddenly it let’s go of fat cells that it now doesn’t need anymore for dumping the waste of autoimmune and crossreaction processes.

Feels great.

#36 Lars Muff, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
  17. Lars Muff

Oh, almost forgot:
    Had the pump turned off for almost a week in early March with only a small injection in the morning for all those hormones triggering sugar flush from the liver.

Amazing experience!

18. Lars Muff

Good news!

19. Lars Muff

The milk proteins react with your GAD67 antibodies. Against meats they didn’t find any crossreactions so far. This is in a Petri dish. But did you ever think about the toxic ingredients in the meat you eat?? Or are you ALL ORGANIC??

#39 Lars Muff, Apr 27, 2019 at 5:18 PM
  20. Lars Muff

The pump has been off for over three weeks now. I’m taking just little doses of Humalog throughout the day. Thinking about going back to pig insulin. Why? Because of the missing inflammation inhibitors in Genetically modified analog insulin. I’m hoping strongly that the production in the pancreas will remain stable and continue to have nothing short of miracle like advances. Throughout the night the blood sugar remains stable.

• Like Like x 1
    #40 Lars Muff, May 14, 2019 at 5:47 PM
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook