viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Not sure that this is the right place to ask this, but why have those of us who prefer not to have avatars, or who don't know how to do them, had avatars inflicted upon us?

I am neither a laughing zebra not a 3-legged rhinoceros, and don't really appreciate being burdened with either, however well meant it was!

Viv 8)

EDIT - and I find a fat prehistoic person quite insulting!

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Seems to change every time you refresh the page
Bet its to prompt you have one :roll:
Could always load a white box up as your Avatar

Bob

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Good idea Bob. Personally I don't like these gaudy avatars and think that everyone should have the choice whether they have an avatar themselves or not :roll:

ShyGirl

I tried uploading avatars since joining but they are always the wrong size so I just left it.
Good seeing as i've had trouble on other sites for using some images that others disliked.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Right your Avatar Pic needs to be 80 pixels,x 80 pixels, or it will not upload

you can pick any photo or picture on your PC
Open in a paint or Photo program and use the re-size option inside that program save and up-load
it here

And
Bobs your Uncle :mrgreen:

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like the 'No Avatar' avatar, so have changed mine to one of the background colours on here.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
HIYA, the avatars? I like them n want one! have tried to load one up onto my page without success but am no wizard on the computer sadly. Anyone any tips HOW to do this? help... Anna.x :)

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys - sorry! We were just testing a few features out (similar topics at the bottom of each thread + avatars) - we don't think the avatars look very good either - nor do they add an functionality, so we've taken them, or are trying to, take them off!

jopar

So it was you who broke the forum earlier :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually thought they were quite cute but alas not everybody see's it the way I do

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya jopar, I actually like them n want a cheeky dancing doggy? [if there IS one] how do you go about finding them n load them onto your own page? Anna.x

jopar

Type in the dancing dog avatar into google should being something up, the download to your computer has you might have to resize it..

Then under user control panel, click open the profile tab, then click on edit avatar on the left hand side, upload here..

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys - yep, it was our fault the forum went down for a little while yesterday! The avatars have been taken off, but if you want, we can create a page where we can have an assortment of avatars for people to choose from?

C

catherinecherub

Yes please. I think they are cool.
Could you also include some basic instructions as there are some people who find it hard to understand the DIY aspect.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sure thing - is it just an avatar DIY guide you think people would want, or anything else too?

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I like the new thing of similar posts at the bottom.

It reminds me of youtube how you look at one video then click something that catches your eye and eventually your watching something completely different, could be useful in encouraging everyone to look at different posts and reading something they wouldn't usually if they're browsing for something in particular!

I also like the idea of avatars too, i want to find something that dances too! :lol:

C

catherinecherub

Reading through what some posters have written they need to know how they can apply it from the actual picture to their personal profile. Also, if needed, how to crop it to a suitable size.

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
:D A page of avatars to choose from ( If you want one ) a basic set of instructions for us comp wimpos, would be great ! Thanks admin. :D

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reading through what some posters have written they need to know how they can apply it from the actual picture to their personal profile. Also, if needed, how to crop it to a suitable size

That flumoxed me a bit, I don't have any unnecessary programmes left on my laptop as I'm running out of space so no longer have any of those I could have used. Then I remebered paint, which anyone using windows should have.
Still not sure I like the one I found though.