Ave 996 cals over last 7 days - no loss !

angua

Bit fed up today, weighed in at exactly the same weight as last week

weighed at same time, but nothing - decided my scales mustn't be working so weighed a cat (she wouldn't stand still) then my daughter bounced on saying yay she'd lost a pound
I climbed back on - still the same weight, lifted one leg off ... less weight so they do work

has anyone else hit a brick wall like this - I'm eating approx 996 cals per day around 67% of that is fat and I had one fast day of 480 cals (mostly veg in the form of soup with blue cheese & cream added)

I'm way under my required cals for maintenance so does anyone have any idea's for waking up my body ?

Gilly

confusedtom

Hello Gilly

My body needs to be properly hydrated for me to lose weight when I over exercise and don’t drink enough water I lose two or three pound fast then hit the wall and put the weight back as I rehydrate

Small amounts of exercise definitely helped me lose weight I start each day with a walk of about 30 min

Food is very much about personal choice and I am sure you know what works for you I tend to keep food simple on the days I try to push weight loss evening meal might be a green leaf salad with tomato and cucumber with tin of tuna or pink salmon toped with low cal salad cream or for a hot meal I steam cabbage or broccoli and throw in a carrot normally eaten with chicken

Recently I found by removing butter/margarine totally from my diet got the weight moving again

Hope your weight starts moving I tried the scales in every room in hope of getting a lower reading

tom

angua

confusedtom I wonder if you might be right about the hydration and the exercise. I've spent the last week and weekend pretty much glued to my desk, although I've done my normal 25 min dog walk I haven't got around as much as usual, nor have I had as much water as normal (papers, desk + liquid = ink blots)

I shall endeavour to drink more and squirrel my way more quickly thru this hideous paperwork so I can get back to burning cals

Gilly

Defren

Ashleigh said:
maybe you're eating too few calories and your body is holding on to what you are eating?

Hi Gilly,

Ashleigh is right. I think you are eating too few calories. We all have a Basal Metabolic Rate, this is the amount of calories our bodies would need even if we were lying motionless in a coma. We then have to add calories that our bodies need daily just to keep us alive. The absolute minimum calories recommended is 1,200 a day for a woman. I now eat around 1,500 a day, give or take and I am losing steadily.

I did the Newcastle diet at 500 calories a day with the strict knowledge exercise and such low calories would burn visceral fat. I was taking in 9g of carbs a day, so deep in ketosis which meant I was only burning fat for fuel. I now am doing the 5:2 fast, so my weekly calories are relatively low, but not enough for my body to retain calories for fear of even leaner times. How the ND works so you do lose quite considerable amounts of weight I'm not sure, but it does, yet low calories like you are taking in, stalls weight loss in a good number of people.

My advice; up your calories to a minimum of 1,200 daily, then see how you go, keep adding in 100 increments until you start to lose, you will then know what is the right calorie intake a day for you. We are all so very different, and what works for one may not work for another, so you have to keep trying and adjusting until you find you perfect calorific intake for weight loss.

Good luck - Jo.