Aviva insight lost connection during night!?

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi. I've been on a pump for over a year now and this is the first time this has happened and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. So last night my pre bed blood was 5.5. My husband then checked my blood 4 hours later and it was 27! I bolused correction dose. On waking it was still 17. Checked pump and their was no Basel profile being shown on handset, when I looked at pump it was asking for my towel Basel. Handset then alarmed and said connection had been lost. I then had to go back on handset and re activate my Basel profile. It really upset me as working really hard to get hb1c down as desperate to gave a baby. Also if my husband hadn't tested me I could of just got higher and higher and ended up with keystones.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi Amy I see you have had problems with your basal before. I think you really need to go talk to your DSN to make sure you know what you are doing with your pump as from reading the last problem you had it was user error. (Better to be safe than sorry)

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That was when I was trying to change my rates. This time and haven't even touch it as I was asleep.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I have not had that happen

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Amy I had that happen on my old pump. I rang Medtronic they said there was a fault and they sent me a new one

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you everyone! Will ring and also talk to DSN. Fingers crossed it was just a one off.