Aviva Nano....Query

manc603

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

An hour and a half after eating grapes and apple, I checked my level using my new Nano meter. (I am newly diagnosed).

I just assumed the meter would be correct but it gave a reading of 9.2 which I thought was high. I immediately did another test and got 8.3 which I know is still not good....

Does this variance seem right? Do I go by the low number or are Nano meters not very good with accuracy?

Thanks in advance

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Nano is a great little meter and as accurate as any other meter on the market, the accuracy of bg meters can be out by +/-15% and rarely do you get the same reading twice when taken close together.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
manc603 said:
Hello,

An hour and a half after eating grapes and apple, I checked my level using my new Nano meter. (I am newly diagnosed).

I just assumed the meter would be correct but it gave a reading of 9.2 which I thought was high. I immediately did another test and got 8.3 which I know is still not good....

Does this variance seem right? Do I go by the low number or are Nano meters not very good with accuracy?

Thanks in advance

Hello Nano's are usually very good with BG levels at time of testing accuracy .

Nigels post is spot on with terms of pinpointing accuracy of BG readings .

As fast as you can possibly retest - it will probably show up a slight varation to the previous reading .

Hope this can help .

Anna .