1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

awareness ribbon

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by apples-mum, Jun 24, 2013.

1. apples-mum

apples-mum · Member

Hi. My daughter is T1 dx April this year. She's doing brilliantly :D I would really like to get a tattoo to show my support and how proud I am of her. Can anyone tell me what colour the diabetes ribbon is? I've seen a grey one with red blood drop and also a grey and blue one. America seems to favour the plain grey one, is it the same for UK? Want to get it right! Don't fancy the cement logo ;)

2. faircot

faircot · Active Member

Um. I'd be a little wary about having a diabetes themed tattoo if I didn't have diabetes. If you collapsed in the street, the ambulance crew MIGHT just be confused!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. apples-mum

apples-mum · Member

You misunderstood me. I want an AWARENESS ribbon tattoo. Its not even going to say diabetes on it. I only want to clarify whether its grey or blue and grey. I don't want a medic alert tattoo

4. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ive been diabetic since 97 I didn't know there was an awareness ribbon!

5. apples-mum

apples-mum · Member

The American site uses a grey ribbon with a red blood drop in it but I have also seen a blue and grey one with type 1 on it. Just want to know which one is more universally used as I don't want the blue circle (which to me represents a cement brand!)

6. pav

pav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

7. apples-mum

apples-mum · Member

Thanks pav :) much appreciated

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook