awkward neighbours

vivkaroo

Dislikes
Grumpy people, being bored, Bad weather. smoking
vivkaroo here i got a horrible neighbouri live in a bungalow when i moved in it had a communal garden but she had a dog and she told me she had to be moved because the dog used to annoy the neighbours but where i lived the way the gardens were meant you couldnt have a dog however i suggested to her i put a fence up just between me and her she said (YER SMASHING) so as time went on by the way the fence is only 4ft high anyway as time went on i used to help her do shopping ect ect then one day after all i had done for her i heard her really really calling me i was so really hurt now to cut this story short one yr on and one year of not speaking this is how it goes are you still with me i have a really lovely garden (trellis and patio )real special till one morning she came out yelling WILL YOU TURN YOUR TELE DOWN ON A NIGHT!!!! LOUD now one my tv is very low never higher than 10 i have a bit music during day( low )listen to viking if i am in she is 69 never goes out only maybe twice week sad miserable they bit of a rough family has anyone else had problems with awkward neighbours sorry its long but wanted to get picture over i wouldnt mind if it were loud my friend has listened she said the same its not even loud does anyone know how the law stands on tvs one night she was litterally thudding on my wall it was only on (low )open to views cos this is getting unbearable vivkaroo x :evil:

sandymaynard

Hi Vivkaroo
I have a elderly neighbour she makes my life a living hell! Moans about everything!
She reported me to the council for noise when i had a ambulance attend the house! I used to help her as she had a stroke!
Some people are just that way out!
Don't let her get to you! She sounds a sad misserable old person!
You keep your chin up..
Sandy

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Perhaps this person has health problems herself,maybe even dementia or some other age-related illness.I use the subtitles on my tv a lot as husband does not like loud noises.

Thirsty

Vivkaroo and Sue, you can get a pair of headphones to use with most TVs for not too much money. Just make sure that they come with a cable long enough for your needs and the right jack plug. Spend a little more and cordless headphones are available from around £20.

Might solve a few problems and the sound quality is usually way better than you'll get from integral TV speakers.

I can sympathise about the bad neighbour problem, two of the houses on our street have been let to students recently... :( :roll: :cry:

vivkaroo

Dislikes
thirsty hi i no were you coming from but why should i have to wear earphones in my own home i dont even have it loud she is quite fit she was moved from her last place of abode as her dog used to annoy the neighbours now its not the dog its the bl !!!!! person her self she is so bitter and twisted no one talks to her i will not move because of her thats a fact she didnt put money towards the fence i even stained her side 3 times i have mug on me but genuine thanks i see were you coming from its a thought luv vivkaroo xxx

vivkaroo

Dislikes
hi sandy thanks for your quick reply you know were i am coming from my god she is the most horrible woman i have ever met and believe me i am an exland ladyof 25 yrs so i have met some people and you know what i have loads of friends were i live everyone loves me (well i think so) she has no friends in our close my youngest son and daughterinlaw came to visit today he said mam turn the tele up for god sakes she cant do anything at that level but i am bit unsure her family are very rough and dont no if i want conflict with them as well as her when her son left last night i heard her say dont worry i got it all on record!!! i told my son he said she cant do anything oh i am so sick sick :cry: i went to council to enquire casually they said you might have to mediate i cant do that :( she even gets bushes and twigs and puts them on my front doorstep :x what happened to you when your neighbour reported you for the ambulance you didnt say thanks for your support sandy cheers hun xx
luv vivkaroo

Spiral

Mediation isn't so bad - it really can help to solve problems.

I have difficult neighbours, although the ones in tereh at the moment are not too bad. A lot of teh houses around here are multiple occupation and sometimes there are inconsiderate young poeple. LAndlord on one side is great, the other is a bit dodgy.

If you are both council or Housing Association tenants, make sure the landlord knows about the problems. It may be she needs a bit of help and the Housing Officers can sometimes get the right people involved. At the very least there will be a record, from the sound of it there already is if she was moved.