1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Baby grabbing pump!!

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Marmite-lover, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Marmite-lover

Marmite-lover Type 1 · Active Member

Hi everyone! I have a gorgeous little cheeky monkey baby boy who is fascinated by my insulin pump and tubing! I used to wear it clipped on to my bra which was great for easy access, but stopped once he was born as it dug into him when I was holding him. So instead I gave been wearing it clipped to my waistband but now he keeps trying to grab the pump and the tubing!
    Has anyone got any ideas of how to wear a pump when you have a baby?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. ealingr

ealingr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've always found the pump clips a bit awkward. The best thing for me at that stage was tucking the pump (no clip on) inside a nursing bra. If you get the right design, they have a kind of stretchy bit front and centre that you can use as a pump "pocket". Also useful for tucking in any extra tubing that the little people tend to want to grab if they spot it!

These ones are pricey but so comfortable and did the job perfectly: https://www.johnlewis.com/bravado-b...3dfajwWd0mHE8fz5FeBoCDJEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook