Baby measuring big

Saralou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all
Just had my 28 week scan and baby is measuring in at 30 weeks? Feel a bit down as been doing everything I can to keep blood sugars within range! Did other type 1's get big measurements at growth scans? Also were you induced at 38 weeks?
Sara (type 1)

Diabetes type 1 18 yrs
Pumping 8 yrs
Last hba1c 6.5%

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I wasn't diabetic when I had my two kids. However, I am telling you this so you can stop feeling down. They both measured big for dates. My first was born early at 30 weeks and thankfully was 2-3 weeks bigger than he should have been. My second also measured 2 - 3 weeks bigger at around 28 weeks. He was born at 40 weeks and was exactly average length and weight at birth. I think some babies must just grow more quickly than expected. If you have been managing to keep your blood sugars within range you have done really well. and that's all anyone can ask of you. Please don't feel down, it may just be 'one of those things' that happens from time to time. Though I expect other type ones may be able to help you more I thought I would tell you my own experience.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Everything should be OK as long as your Doctor and the midwives are aware.
My youngest was 9 lbs 13 ozs so I had a C section.
Although I wasn't Diabetic at the time. Tell your GP about your worries, They should put your mind at ease.

clucker34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Rudeness
Hi, my son was measuring big I was told 11lb at my 36th week scan, had him dead on 38th week and he was 9lb 6oz via c-section, have been type 1 for 34 yrs! I think as above as long as your docs and midwife are not concerned then your doing brill. Good luck x x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my 28 week scan 26th march and was also measuring on the 90th percentile for abdominal circumference. They said as long as the graph increases steadily they're not too concerned but it's when the plot goes off the line, they're not concerned at the moment but I have another scan at 32 weeks. When's your next growth scan? Must add my bloods have been much better controlled in this pregnancy so didn't expect baby to be measuring big at 28 weeks as it was about 30-31 weeks I measured big with my daughter :s