Baby's movement affecting bloods?

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondered if anyone found their babies activity influenced their glucose levels or made them go hypo?

I've been quite consistent with my patterns in highs and lows but over the last few days I've had some random unexplained hypos when I've previously had the opposite at that time of the day. Just wondering if its just the hormones or whether its possible baby is influencing these hypos at all?

samtov

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello. How far on are you? I had a really bad time with hypos within the first trimester. Some days were random. I googled it and apparently if baby has a growth spirt, baby takes what it needs from you causing the hypos. I am 17 weeks now and they seemed to have calmed down a little now. Hope they aren't causing too much hassle for you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 25+5 and my nights up until this past week have been consistent in terms of patterns in stability but the last 2 nights I've had lows at 1am then nights before it was rising but the odd low. I notice babies active most nights around this time up until I fall asleep so I was wondering if that could be causing the lows I'm going to just have to keep checking it I think over the next fee nights and see if I can see what's happening.

Glad you have found yours have stabled off for the time being it was around 23-24 weeks I started noticing a steady rise in bloods so enjoy the next few weeks before you hit your next turning point lol x

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
Hi Katie

It sounds logical to me. If baby is active then it will be using more nutrients from you - including glucose! Not great for you if you're having nighttime hypos though - your diabetes team will have a field day! o_O