Back Home

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hello I just wanted to come and say hello and after 8 years living in Italy we have moved back home to the UK 2 weeks ago. :(:)
Packed up smoking now since Christmas using e-liquid cigs PUT ON A LITTLE WEIGHT :arghh:....
My BS readings in the morning were great while in Italy 5.2 - 5.4 Now back in the UK not sure if it's the stress of moving or not got into a routine yet they are 6.2. The thing that worries me is the BLOODY weight gain. That's the only thing that I think I should start smoking again...:grumpy:

Many Thanks

DavideB

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Noooo! Don't do it! What were you eating in Italy? Revert back to that diet, maybe? Have you tried LCHF? Good luck! I'm sure you'll manage to get that weight off :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Welcome Home :)

Stress will push up your bgs for sure, and i can't think of anything more stressful than moving, let alone moving from a different country, it must be a nightmare, you will be back on track in no time I'm sure, keep up with the not smoking, you know it makes sense :)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh, I do have a lot to learn. I was blaming stress for my increased blood pressure, but not necessarily my diabetes diagnosis. I've also recently returned after almost 5 years in Europe and there's lots of current stress regarding the future that I can't resolve myself. What's the solution to that? Tantric chanting?