Back on it.

thebear

Well, in the words of Monty python "i'm a very naughty boy"

In short my brain has seemed to of taken a 6 month hiatus and completely ignore my diabetes. I am a type 2 and was diagnosed last September, with a HBA1C of 9.8. for the first 3 months i had great control, i had some strips and was testing reguarly every day, as a result of this i lost over a stone in weight.

I was unemployed at this point, and it was really starting to grind me down, as a result, i couldn't afford test strips and was too embarassed/unsure on whether i would get them free from the doctor. I missed my first appointment since my diagnosis and just started eating like a complete idiot. I finally went to the doctors in May, for my 2nd HBA1C and was actually a little relieved, it was 7.8. Still not low enough, but considering how i was eating at the time, i was delighted. by this point, i was employed earning a better wage and having to travel less miles, overall life was better. fast forward to Wednesday just gone, and i finally bought some test strips.

My first test in 6 months read - 19.8

In a way i knew it was going to happen, but still the shock is something that i didn't really expect. I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day.

A couple of days on, i have now started a food diary, i have cut out all the stupid stuff i have been pigging on, and it is coming down... slowly. This has been the biggest slap in the face i have ever had, and i think i have finally been scared into sorting myself out. This isn't a "woe is me" post, i am not looking for sympathy... i know who is to blame and accept that. From now on i am going to make the change, and i see this post like an affirmation of my committment. I know i can do it, it will take a while to get back to my inital results, but i will get there.

Sorry for the rant, but well, i think i needed it.

Peace

Jamie.

RussG

Hi Jamie,

I think we've all done it at some point or another - I know I have, so don't beat yourself up. You're doing the right thing by trying to get back in control.

Good luck.