1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Back on the Wagon

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by BeccaJaneStClair, Sep 10, 2012.

1. BeccaJaneStClair

BeccaJaneStClair · Well-Known Member

*sigh*

I had BRILLIANT results on my birthday weigh-in....down 33lbs since March!!!

And then because it was my birthday followed by my husband's....there was cake....there was favourite foods...there were CARBS.

We came home from our weekend away, stopped at Tesco, and I thought NOTHING of buying a few of those yummy Spelt Malt rolls I used to love.....three times.

No wonder the Wii Fit told me I gained some weight when I hopped on!

Help me get motived back onto the low-carb wagon?

2. sarahjane92

sarahjane92 Type 1 · Member

**** those tasty carbs! They follow us everywhere!

After Ive fallen of the bandwagon (and when I do, I do so spectacularly!) I find it easy to recall how great I felt once I get back into the swing of low carb living!

Sure the first week or so isnt great, but once those nasty carbs are out your system and the BG's and weight start to drop, I feel great! Just try and remember those feelings and you will soon overcome your little hiccup.

The way I see it is that we cant go through life avoiding treats, especially on occassions like birthdays, you deserve that cake!

Just accept you had a little break and get back on track, we all now low carb is the way forward, dont give up!

3. BeccaJaneStClair

BeccaJaneStClair · Well-Known Member

Thank you, Sarah Jane! That was exactly what I needed to hear!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook