Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I had my first Menieres attack since being diagnosed with T2 today. As attacks go I've had worse but this being my first I asked family members to test me while it was ongoing. Not surprisingly, my bg shot up. I have no idea how long the higher bg will last but as always with all attacks I cannot eat for fear of vomiting again. I am testing now every couple of hours in between bouts of fuzziness and sleep. As my attacks tend to come in clusters I am not hopeful for the first few weeks of 2018.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thoughts and prayers going your way that the cluster won't last too long....you must have a very supportive family....Blessings/L

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking of you. x
I understand the problem after caring for my mum with the disease. She couldn't eat either, and strangely she refused to drink, so that made it hard work. She was in her 70's when I was caring for her. By the time she reached 80 she had grown out of it!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thinking of you. x
I understand the problem after caring for my mum with the disease. She couldn't eat either, and strangely she refused to drink, so that made it hard work. She was in her 70's when I was caring for her. By the time she reached 80 she had grown out of it!

That is exactly what the consultant said at dx. Sometimes it can, for some people, disappear for years then Bam! It can return.
My youngest has never got used to it and goes into full panic mode but the middlun is great, he sits with me until I eventually fall asleep.