Bad Day

Fraddycat

Yesterday was a bad day, I picked up a virus from my 3 year old nephew and had a evening of vomitting and diarrhorea, rubbish. But then I fainted a couple of times around about the same time as my BG shot up into the sky. My hubby was in a panic but he was a dear and looked after me. Sadly my BG hit 10.7 :shock: which is so frustrating when I have worked so hard to keep it in the mid 5s for the last few weeks .. I blame my liver, which is mean because I have given it 2 months off alcohol you would think it was grateful. Not really sure how to get it down now, its still at 8.5 and I am not up to exercise.

I'm bruised from the faints and feel headachey from the BG high :thumbdown: not good

A

Anonymous

Hope you feel better soon fraddycat, not sure what advice to give you, but wish you a speedy recovery xx

WhitbyJet

Poor Fraddycat, dont even think of exercising, relax and keep calm, drink plenty of soothing drinks, eg fruit/herbal teas, if you can stomach them, heat up coconut milk, add sweetener, cocoa powder or ginger or cinnamon.
Eat soups/bouillon - home made if poss with plenty of fresh veggies. Make sure you are not dehydrated.

Get well soon *hugs*

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Don't worry about the high BG's in fact I'd reduce my testing and just accept they are going to be bad while you are ill. Think of it this way when in the past you have been similarly ill pre diagnosis was worrying that your BG's were more than 8 a top priority :)

Get well soon!

desidiabulum

Take care of yourself, Fraddycat. As the others say, the BG numbers will come down as your body sorts itself out. Just concentrate on getting well and you will soon be back with all those wonderful 5s, but not before.

Fraddycat

Thanks everyone, Xyzzy, you are right, I will just ignore my meter for a few days. I can't even think about exercise for now but hopefully feel better towards the end of the week. Your hugs and best wishes have made me feel better already, thanks :D