Bah Humbug

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On my 3rd year now as a type 2.
2 bouts of major surgery in 6 months (appendicitis, knee cartilage respectively).
Hb1ac at 48 or 6.5 in old money.
Now I'm not touching the dizzy heights that I was at pre diagnosis, where I made Willy wonka blush but I was hoping for better.
I can't presently exercise as I would like on my cross trainer and my vegan trial ended for various reasons.
Now I'm told my testosterone is low, this being symptomatic for Diabetics. Great!
Nevertheless, I'm the glass half full type so I'm on a gel for the manliness and I'm filtering the diet until I can do the Rocky Balboa running up statue type stuff.
I was diet controlled for sometime, but an increase in my hb1ac led to the doctors alarm bells ringing and prescribing 1 500mg dose of slow release metformin daily.
My point is I've had enough of this **** and I'm coming back all guns blazing in a few weeks so combined with a stringent diet approach, laying off the alcohol (sadly) exercise and a quality multivitamin I'm giving the doldrums a second shot.Simply writing it down gives me more perspective and determination to put this git into remission.;)
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I think diabetes will see you coming and will run away and hide. :eek:
By the way, sorry to hear about those ops. I had a 'patellar tendon transplant ' after too long putting up with a dislocating kneecap - it meant leg in plaster from groin to ankle for weeks, which wasn't the best fun, and building yourself up after a knee op can be a long business. :nurse: I was a shadow of my former self.
Best wishes, you'll soon be fighting fit.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But there's always a moment of doubt in the Rocky films. He suffers, he teeters on the brink of failure, he gets pummelled to raw steak before finally overcoming.

I would go with Rambo, instead. More laconic, more enduring-man-of-steel. And there is never any doubt. Sherrifs, ex commanders, armies, nations, multi-national peace keeping forces - nothing can stand in his way. Besides, he wears those ripped army fatigues, which have a lot more street cred than red and blue shiny shorts and long white socks.

You just need to pick the theme music. Are Survivor still recording?

Let us know how it goes.
Always good to see an underdog triumph.

Reactions: 2 people