1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Balance mentions new pump - Mylife YpsoPump

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by MushyPeaBrain, Nov 21, 2016.

1. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Being small seems to be the latest thing to compete with. My old pump (yes, I keep going on about it : D ) wasn't big and only slightly larger than, for example, the Insight, but it took a normal 3ml cartridge.

Personally, I don't care about coulused screens, clever gimmicks and the like. I want practical useability.

2. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Obviously this means having to use twice as many cartridges thus more money in the manufactures pocket. Am I cynical or am I cynical?

3. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Well... Are you as cynical as me? The manufacturer only provides 3ml reservoirs that last a lot of people 6-7 days and tells you to change them every two days because the inulin goes off, when independent research suggests that the insulin aspart will last for 10 days, insulin Lispro 7 and Glulisine 2-3 in them....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3876338/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22107252
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18034606

Most of which used medtronic reservoirs.... !!!

4. Trina

Trina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi. I was privileged to be able to trial this pump earlier this year. I have to say that my experience was not good, after 2 hours there was an occlusion, the next day I was in London and on putting in blood glucose vales and requesting insulin all sorts of alarms were going off. Eventually I established ' that it thought there wasn't a cartridge present so unfortunately my experience wasn't good. I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook