1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Beating The Heat (and Heat-related Sugar Rise)

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by Glink, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Glink

Glink Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I know I'm not the only one who has blood sugars running higher when it's hot out. With (northern hemisphere) summer here/on the way, it's happened a few times again already. I'm wondering if anyone has any tricks for keeping sugars from going high when it gets hot out. Would love some useful tips!

2. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm ok in hot weather, but it is important to keep hydrated so drink plenty of water.

3. Mal37

Mal37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Probably not much help to you, but I've never liked intense heat, so I keep a slight airflow through the house and close all of the curtains that are allowing the sun into the house .. changing that as it moves from back windows to front ones. I keep out of the sun as much as I am able, and wear light, loose clothing. I love sunny days ... don't get me wrong .. but not hot sunny days!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook