Been to the hospital Diabetes clininc

louismum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well I just gor back from the diabetes clinic and have been prescribed Byetta. I am so pleased I stuck to my guns with the GP and asked to be referred to the hospita clinic because he had said to me, you may as well go straight onto insulin as you will be prescribed that eventually anyway. I so feel I was more listened to at the hospital and it was explained to me clearly....plus I had a go at the injection itself which I had been dreading and I was fine, in fact I asked i I could do it again as I was shocked it was so easy. The nurse is going to ring me next Wednesday to see how I am getting on.

All in all it was MUCH more relaxed than going to the doctors surgery (after getting through the fearsome receptionists)

Oh I had a previous appt with a endo doctor at the hospital a couple of weeks back first, before todays appt btw.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Louismum,

So glad you overcame the fear and did the injections! You feel a bit of a fool for worrying so much about it afterwards don't you! And I'm glad you got the treatment you wanted. At least now if/when you do move onto insulin, you won't be afraid of the injections :lol:

Well done!

Smidge