Benefits

tawsy1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cant stand people who think they know it all
Hi, does anyone know if having type 1 diabetes entitles you to d.l.a.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi tawsy1, just having Type 1 diabetes does not warrant benefits. Do you have any disabilities regarding your health ? I would Google your question, as there is a lot of information on the internet.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
DLA does not exist unless you are under 16. It's PIP for Adults and it's not the condition you have it's the affect it has on you.
Having diabetes does not make you disabled so don't ever think it does. If you have complications then you can apply for PIP but no guarantee you will get it.
The country would be bankrupt even more than it is if people with diabetes were given benefits.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,m afraid being type doesn't, t entitle you to dla/pip.

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
it's not the condition you have it's the affect it has on you
CarbsRok is right, PIP can be awarded if you need help with caring for yourself or with mobility so if you have complications that significantly affect this you may get some. If you think you may have a genuine claim I would advise you speak to the Citizens Advice as they can help with filling in forms etc.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
DLA does not exist unless you are under 16. It's PIP for Adults and it's not the condition you have it's the affect it has on you.
Having diabetes does not make you disabled so don't ever think it does. If you have complications then you can apply for PIP but no guarantee you will get it.
The country would be bankrupt even more than it is if people with diabetes were given benefits.
In my experience your refused if your diabetic. Out right.
If you have other problems which stem from the diabetes they are noted.
Being blind or limbs missing still not enough to stop some people from working.
Very few cases are being successful, currently. Kicking people off benefits not taking new claimants unless forced to.
If you need financial support through illness don't expect this government to help. Burden on employers instead. Not matter how much tax you've paid all your life. :(
I pity new bosses who have to pick up the governments inability to support tax payers when they need it most.

Reactions: 2 people